Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How do you format a Windows 8 laptop?
Factory reset Windows 8
- The first step is to open the system settings using the Windows shortcut ‘Windows’ key + ‘i’.
- From there, select “Change PC settings”.
- Click on “Update & Recovery” and then on “Recovery”.
- Then select “Get started” under the heading “Remove everything and reinstall Windows”.
How can I format my laptop without CD?
Formatting a Non-System Drive
- Log into the computer in question with an administrator account.
- Click Start, type “diskmgmt. …
- Right-click the drive you wish to format, and click “Format.”
- Click the “Yes” button if prompted.
- Type a volume label. …
- Uncheck the “Perform a quick format” box. …
- Click “OK” twice.
How do I reformat my HP laptop Windows 8 without CD?
To do this, you need to open the Choose an option screen.
- Start your computer and press the F11 key repeatedly. …
- On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- Click Reset your PC.
- On the Reset your PC screen, click Next. …
- Read and respond to any screens that open.
- Wait while Windows resets your computer.
How do I factory Reset my laptop without Windows 8?
Hold down the SHIFT key and click on the Power icon visible on the bottom right of Windows 8 login screen, then click Restart option. In a moment you’ll see the recovery screen. click on the Troubleshoot option. Now click on the Reset your PC option.
How do I format my laptop without deleting Windows?
Windows 8- choose “Settings” from the Charm Bar> Change PC Settings> General> choose the “Get Started” option under “Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows”> Next> select which drives you want to wipe> choose whether you want to remove your files or fully clean the drive> Reset.
Can I format my laptop by myself?
Anyone can reformat their own laptop easily. Before you begin the process of reformatting your computer, you need to backup all of your information on an external hard drive or CDs and external hard drive or you will lose them.
How do you master Reset a laptop?
To hard reset your computer, you’ll need to physically turn it off by cutting the power source and then turn it back on by reconnecting the power source and rebooting the machine. On a desktop computer, switch off the power supply or unplug the unit itself, then restart the machine in the normal manner.
How do I completely format my laptop?
How to reset your Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings. …
- Select Update & Security. …
- Click Recovery in the left pane. …
- Windows presents you with three main options: Reset this PC; Go back to an earlier version of Windows 10; and Advanced startup. …
- Click Get started under Reset this PC.
How do I wipe my laptop without logging in?
How to Reset Windows 10 Laptop, PC or Tablet without Logging in
- Windows 10 will reboot and ask you to select an option. …
- On the next screen, click the Reset this PC button.
- You’ll see two option: “Keep my files” and “Remove everything“. …
- Keep My Files. …
- Next, enter your user password. …
- Click on Reset. …
- Remove Everything.
How can I get my Windows 8 license key?
Either in the command prompt window or in PowerShell, enter the following command: wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey and confirm the command by hitting “Enter”. The program will give you the product key so that you can write it down or simply copy and paste it somewhere.
How do I restore my HP laptop with Windows 8?
Recovery from Windows 8
- Turn off the computer.
- Disconnect all peripheral devices, except for the monitor, keyboard, mouse, and power cord. …
- Turn on the computer.
- From the Start screen, type recovery manager to open the Search charm, and then select HP Recovery Manager from the search results.
How do you get into Windows 8 if you forgot your password?
If you’ve forgotten your Windows 8.1 password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
- If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
- If you’re using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. …
- If you’re using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.
Is Windows Password Key free?
It is totally for FREE. The users are anytime free to recover password of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.