Installing new sound drivers will quickly fix the volume button if it’s not working. To solve the volume control that is not working on Windows 10, try resetting the Audio Service. Some users also recommended running an SFC scan to get rid of the volume issue.
What to do if volume button is not working in Windows 10?
2. – Press the key >> Windows + X on the keyboard >> Select Device Manager >> Display adapter >> Right-click on >> Display adapter drivers >> Click on Search for hardware changes, Windows will install the selected driver and it will reload the information, finally restart your computer and test the changes made.
Why are my volume keys not working Windows 10?
On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type troubleshoot, then click Troubleshoot. Click Playing Audio > Run the troubleshooter. Follow the on-screen instructions for your Windows to diagnose and troubleshoot. Don’t forget to restart your machine and check if the volume control works fine now.
Why won’t my volume buttons work on PC?
If the volume controls on your keyboard stops working, check the Human Interface Device Access service on your computer to make sure it is set to Automatic. … Right-click Human Interface Device Access and select Properties. On the General tab, in the Startup type, select Automatic, and then click OK.
Why are my volume buttons not working?
Go to Settings >> Accessibility >> Accessibility menu. There are some apps that have been created to virtually replace your volume button. You can download a virtual volume button application from Play store. Just go to Play store and search for volume button, download and install an app that meets your needs.
How do I enable the volume buttons on my keyboard?
If you press the Fn button at the bottom left corner of your keypad, next to the Ctrl button, and press F11 or F12 while you’re at it, you’ll be able to control your volume on the keypad. So it’s: Fn + F11 → volume decreases, Fn + F12 → volume increases.
How do I turn up the volume without the Fn key?
Try press and hold FN key then ESC to enable toggle FN Lock. If that doesn’t work, check if you have Windows Mobility Center installed then set FN key row as Multimedia key instead of Standard keys.
How do I fix the volume control on my computer?
Check the volume.
- Click the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Control Panel”.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Adjust System Volume.
- Click the speaker icon to unmute any muted sounds (It will have a red circle with a line next to it).
- Click and drag to raise the slider bar below all system sounds.
Why is my volume button automatically pressed?
The volume buttons are either physically damaged or bent so it’s doing it automatically.. probably because you dropped the phone and it dented the volume buttons… in this case, you’ll have to either try to straighten the volume button back up (if it’s even possible) or simply just replace the volume buttons..
How do I unstick my volume button?
Try scraping-out dust and gunk around the volume control with a q-tip. You can also vacuum the iPhone volume button stuck or use compressed air to blow the dirt out. This is one of the most common reasons that the volume button stops working, so try cleaning your phone first.
What do you do when your volume is not working?
How do I fix “no sound” on my computer?
- Check your volume settings. …
- Restart or change your audio device. …
- Install or update audio or speaker drivers. …
- Disable audio enhancements. …
- Update the BIOS.