How do I create a local account in Windows 10?
Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10
- Select Start > Settings > Accounts and then select Family & other users. …
- Select Add someone else to this PC.
- Select I don’t have this person’s sign-in information, and on the next page, select Add a user without a Microsoft account.
How do I create a local Windows account?
How to set up local account during Windows 10 Pro setup
- Select your region. Source: Windows Central.
- Click the Yes button.
- Select your keyboard layout. …
- Click the Yes button.
- Click the Skip button. …
- Select the Set up for personal use option. …
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Offline account option at the bottom left corner.
How do I sign in with a local account on Windows 10?
Switch your Windows 10 device to a local account
- Save all your work.
- In Start , select Settings > Accounts > Your info.
- Select Sign in with a local account instead.
- Type the user name, password, and password hint for your new account. …
- Select Next,then select Sign out and finish.
Can I have both a Microsoft account and a local account on Windows 10?
You can switch at will between a local account and a Microsoft account, using options in Settings > Accounts > Your Info. Even if you prefer a local account, consider signing in first with a Microsoft account.
What is the difference between a local user and a Microsoft account?
The big difference from a local account is that you use an email address instead of a username to log into the operating system. … Also, a Microsoft account also allows you to configure a two-step verification system of your identity each time you sign in.
Is Microsoft account required for Windows 10?
No, you don’t need a Microsoft account to use Windows 10. But you’ll get a lot more out of Windows 10 if you do.
How do I login as a local user?
How to Login to Windows 10 under the Local Account Instead of Microsoft Account?
- Open the menu Settings > Accounts > Your info;
- Click on the button Sign in with a local account instead;
- Enter your current Microsoft account password;
- Specify a username, password, and a password hint for your new local Windows account;
Can you install Windows 10 without an email account?
You can now create an offline account and sign in to Windows 10 without a Microsoft account—the option was there all along. Even if you have a laptop with Wi-Fi, Windows 10 asks you to connect to your wireless network before reaching this part of the process.
What does it mean to sign in with a local account?
If you’ve ever signed in to a home computer running Windows XP or Windows 7, then you’ve used a local account. The name may throw off novice users, but it’s nothing more than an account to access your computer as a default administrator. A local account works on that specific computer and no other computers.