In Device Manager, right-click the sound device name. Select Update Driver Software. Click Search automatically for updated driver software. Then Windows will search and install the new driver.
How do I get my Sound back on Windows 8?
Move the mouse pointer to the lower left corner of the screen, right-click, and select Control Panel from the menu. Click Hardware and Sound. Under Sound, click Adjust system volume. Make sure the volume is not muted by looking at the square Mute buttons below the volume slider.
How do I find my audio driver Windows 8?
Move the mouse pointer to the lower left corner of the screen, right-click, select Device Manager from the menu. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers. Right-click the name of the audio device and select Properties. Click the Driver tab.
How do I reinstall my default audio driver?
Reinstall audio driver from Control Panel
- Type Appwiz. …
- Find audio driver entry and Right-click on the audio driver and then choose Uninstall option.
- Choose Yes to continue.
- Reboot your device when the driver is removed.
- Get the latest version of the audio driver and install it on your PC.
How do I install an audio device on Windows 8?
How to Install or Set Up Speakers in Windows 8
- From the desktop, right-click your taskbar’s Speaker icon and choose Playback Devices.
- Click your speaker or speaker’s icon and then click the Configure button. …
- Click the Test button, adjust your speaker’s settings, and click Next.
Why is my Windows 8 sound not working?
Try Windows Troubleshooter. Check the Sound Settings. … Uninstall Sound Driver from Device Manager and Restart (Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver, if not, try the next step) Update Sound Driver from Device Manager.
Why my audio is not working?
Reboot your computer. Verify via the speaker icon in the taskbar that the audio is not muted and is turned up. Ensure that the computer isn’t muted via hardware, such as a dedicated mute button on you laptop or keyboard. … For desktop systems with speakers plugged into the 3.5mm jack, try a USB speaker or USB headphones.
How do I enable sound on Windows?
How to Enable Windows Audio
- Open the “Start” menu from your desktop and click “Control Panel.” Select “Administrative Tools” and choose “Services” from the menu.
- Scroll through the list and double-click “Windows Audio.”
- Click the “Start” button to enable Windows Audio.
How do I fix sound on Windows?
If this doesn’t help, continue to the next tip.
- Run the audio troubleshooter. …
- Verify that all Windows Updates are installed. …
- Check your cables, plugs, jacks, volume, speaker, and headphone connections. …
- Check sound settings. …
- Fix your audio drivers. …
- Set your audio device as the default device. …
- Turn off audio enhancements.
How do I find my audio driver?
How to Find Out What Sound Driver You Need
- Click the Start button and type “Device Manager” in the search box.
- Select “Device Manager” from the search results to launch the Device Manager window.
How do I activate the sound on my computer?
Right-click the speaker icon on the taskbar and choose Playback Devices to see other sound settings. On the Playback tab, make sure you have the correct audio device set as the default device. If not, select it and click Set Default.
How can I restore the sound on my computer?
Open the “Sounds and Audio Device Properties” screen from the Control Panel. Click on the “Hardware” tab and select your sound card. Click the “Troubleshoot…” button and follow the on-screen prompts to diagnose and repair your problem.