Just make a shortcut in the folder for all users (right click on the start menu, or the All Program and choose Open All Users). On windows, the program is available for all users, unless it is installed in a special folder that can only be accessed by specific users.
How do I make an installed program available to all users?
- Find the application’s shortcut icon(s) in the installing user’s account. Common places where icons are created: User’s Start Menu: …
- Copy the shortcut(s) to one or both of the following locations: All Users’ Desktop: C:UsersPublicPublic Desktop.
How do you tell if a program is installed for all users?
Right click All Programs and click All Users, and see if there are icons in the Programs folder. A quick approximation would be to check if it put shortcuts in (user profile dir)All UsersStart Menu or (user profile dir)All UsersDesktop.
How do I install software for just one user?
Follow these steps:
- Press Windows key on your keyboard, find the app, right-click and select Open file location.
- Right-click the program and select Properties.
- On the Shortcut tab, click Advanced… …
- Tick the Run as administrator check box and click OK.
- Press Windows key again on your keyboard, and type UAC.
Can Windows 10 standard user install software?
A user logged into a standard account will be allowed to install programs that do not affect other user accounts.
How do I install Microsoft teams for all users?
An easier way to install Teams is to install the Teams Installer on every computer. The Teams Installer is placed in the Program Files folder and will run automatically when a new user logs in to the computer. It will then install Teams in the user-profile folder. You can also deploy the MSI file with a Group Policy.
Where is all users startup in Windows 10?
To access the “All Users” Startup folder in Windows 10, open the Run dialog box (Windows Key + R), type shell:common startup , and click OK. For the “Current User“ Startup folder, open the Run dialog and type shell:startup .
What does it mean to install for all users?
Installing for ‘All Users’ gives all of your profiles access to any new fields or objects that were introduced with the package. … You can read about the differences in the install options in the Salesforce Help and Training article Install a Package.
Should I install Anaconda for just me or all users?
The default Anaconda installation option is “Just Me”, which gives an independent installation of Anaconda that will not be shared with other users on the same system. The other option is to install for all users.
How do I share a program with another user?
In this article
- 1Log on as the user who can get to the program.
- 2Right-click Start and choose Open. …
- 3Find the folder that contains the programs you installed.
- 4Right-click the folder and choose Copy.
- 5Right-click Start and choose Open All Users.
- 6Double-click the Programs folder.
Can Windows 10 have multiple users?
Windows 10 makes it easy for multiple people to share the same PC. To do it, you create separate accounts for each person who will use the computer. Each person gets their own storage, applications, desktops, settings, and so on. … First you’ll need the email address of the person for whom you want to set up an account.
How do I not share programs between users in Windows 10?
If you don’t want your other users to even have access to the program, install it just for the current user. Uninstall/reinstall the program to change this. Otherwise, you can simply remove the shortcut in the other users’ Start Menus. The program is putting it in the Start Menu shared by everyone now.
How do I block a specific program for Windows?
Right-click the Explorer key and choose New > Key. Name the new key DisallowRun , just like the value you already created. Now, it’s time to start adding apps you want to block. You’ll do this by creating a new string value inside the DisallowRun key for each app you want to block.