How do I add the Show desktop icon to my taskbar in Windows 10?
Right-click it and select Properties. Under the Shortcut tab, click the Change Icon button at the bottom. Select the icon highlighted in blue, and click OK. Now, right-click on the “Show Desktop” shortcut on your desktop, and you can pin it to the taskbar or pin it to the Start Menu as a tile.
Where is the Show desktop button on Windows 10?
How to Get to the Desktop in Windows 10
- Click the icon in the lower right corner of the screen. It looks like a tiny rectangle that’s next to your notification icon. …
- Right click on the taskbar. …
- Select Show the desktop from the menu.
- Hit Windows Key + D to toggle back and forth from the desktop.
Where did my show desktop button go?
If you’d like to see an item on your Desktop quickly without disturbing your window layout, click on the tiny area to the right of the small vertical line on the far-right side of the taskbar. That’s right—this tiny slice of taskbar is actually a “Show Desktop” button.
How do I make the Windows 10 desktop icon bigger?
How to Change the Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10
- Right-click on an empty space on the desktop.
- Select View from the contextual menu.
- Select either Large icons, Medium icons, or Small icons. The default is medium icons.
How do I unhide icons on my desktop?
Show Hidden Desktop Icons in Windows 7
- Right-click on the blank desktop screen.
- Click on the View options, then click on “Show desktop icons”.
- The desktop icons and folders are back.
How do I change Windows to desktop mode?
There is no button to switch to Desktop mode. Desktop mode is selected by deselecting Tablet mode in the Action Center. See Win10 Tablet mode and Windows Action Center.
Why is my show desktop button not working?
The Show desktop button in the bottom right of your desktop is known as Aero Peek and requires an Aero theme to be selected in order for it to work. Also, right-click on your Start button and select Properties then the TaskBar tab. Now make sure the Use Aero peek to preview the desktop is ticked.
What is the use of show desktop button on the taskbar?
The Show Desktop feature, included with almost all versions of Windows up to Windows 7, allows a user to minimize or restore all open programs and easily view the desktop. To use this feature, a user must simply click Show Desktop on the Quicklaunch toolbar to the right of the taskbar.