How do I choose which drive to Boot Windows 10?
Hold the Shift key and restart the PC. You should get the Windows 10 boot options screen. One of the choices is “Choose another operating system” which should allow you to pick a different installation of Windows.
How do I choose which hard drive to Boot from?
Generally, the steps go like this:
- Restart or turn on the computer.
- Press the key or keys to enter the Setup program. As a reminder, the most common key used to enter the Setup program is F1. …
- Choose the menu option or options to display the boot sequence. …
- Set the boot order. …
- Save the changes and exit the Setup program.
How do I change my startup drive in Windows 10?
1. How do I change my boot drive or boot disk?
- Shut down PC and remove the old drive.
- Restart PC, press F2, F10 or Del key to enter BIOS.
- Go to the Boot order section, set new disk as the boot drive and save the changes.
- Restart PC.
How do I change my Boot drive from C to D?
What you should do is to extend the C drive partition.
- For this go to Disk Management (from start menu).
- There just right click on D drive and click on shrink partition.
- Enter the size of D drive. …
- You will see some space with black bar saying unallocated space.
- Now right click on C drive and click on extend partition.
How do I make Windows 10 boot faster?
Head to Settings > System > Power & Sleep and click the Additional Power Settings link on the right-hand side of the window. From there, click Choose What the Power Buttons Do, and you should see a checkbox next to Turn on Fast Startup in the list of options.
How do I get to the boot menu in Windows 10?
This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options.
- All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC.
- Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options.
- Now press and hold the Shift key and click on “Restart”.
Can I have 2 bootable hard drives?
There’s no limit to the number of operating systems you he installed — you’re not just limited to a single one. You could put a second hard drive into your computer and install an operating system to it, choosing which hard drive to boot in your BIOS or boot menu.
Can you have 2 boot drives?
While most PCs have a single operating system (OS) built-in, it’s also possible to run two operating systems on one computer at the same time. The process is known as dual-booting, and it allows users to switch between operating systems depending on the tasks and programs they’re working with.
How old is UEFI?
The first iteration of UEFI was documented for the public in 2002 by Intel, 5 years before it was standardized, as a promising BIOS replacement or extension but also as its own operating system.
How do I change Windows boot manager?
Press Win + R and type msconfig in the Run box. On the boot tab, select the desired entry in the list and click the button Set as default. Click the Apply and OK buttons and you are done.
How do I change the UEFI boot in Windows 10?
Changing the UEFI boot order
- From the System Utilities screen, select System Configuration > BIOS/Platform Configuration (RBSU) > Boot Options > UEFI Boot Order and press Enter.
- Use the arrow keys to navigate within the boot order list.
- Press the + key to move an entry higher in the boot list.