You can perform a basic reboot on Windows 7 by opening the Start menu → Clicking the arrow next to Shut Down → Clicking Restart. If you need to do further troubleshooting, hold F8 while rebooting to access the advanced startup options.
What is the boot key for Windows 7?
The Advanced Boot Options screen lets you start Windows in advanced troubleshooting modes. You can access the menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts. Some options, such as safe mode, start Windows in a limited state, where only the bare essentials are started.
What to do if Windows 7 will not boot?
Fixes if Windows Vista or 7 won’t start
- Insert the original Windows Vista or 7 installation disc.
- Restart the computer and press any key to boot from the disc.
- Click Repair your computer. …
- Choose your operating system and click Next to continue.
- At System Recovery Options, select Startup Repair.
How do I reboot my Windows 7 laptop?
The quickest way to reboot Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP is through the Start menu:
- Open the Start menu from the taskbar.
- In Windows 7 and Vista, select the small arrow next to the right of the “Shut down” button. Windows 7 Shut Down Options. …
- Choose Restart.
How do I get into BIOS on Windows 7?
On Windows 7, 8, or 10, hit Windows+R, type “msinfo32” into the Run box, and then hit Enter. The BIOS version number is displayed on the System Summary pane.
How do I enter BIOS on Windows 7?
Here is how you can do it.
- Press and hold Shift, then turn off the system.
- Press and hold the function key on your computer that allows you to go into BIOS settings, F1, F2, F3, Esc, or Delete (please consult your PC manufacturer or go through your user manual). …
- You will find the BIOS configuration.
How do I fix corrupted Windows 7?
Follow these steps:
- Restart your computer.
- Press F8 before the Windows 7 logo appears.
- At the Advanced Boot Options menu, select the Repair your computer option.
- Press Enter.
- System Recovery Options should now be available.
How do I fix my computer if it wont start up?
5 Ways to Solve – Your PC Did Not Start Correctly
- Insert the Windows bootable drive to your PC and boot from it.
- Select your language preferences, and click on Next.
- Click on Repair your computer.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Select Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Click on Restart.
How do I restore Windows 7 without a disk?
Method 1: Reset your computer from your recovery partition
- 2) Right-click Computer, then select Manage.
- 3) Click Storage, then Disk Management.
- 3) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type recovery. …
- 4) Click Advanced recovery methods.
- 5) Select Reinstall Windows.
- 6) Click Yes.
- 7) Click Back up now.
How do I manually reboot my computer?
How to Reboot a Computer Manually
- Press and hold the power button. Hold the power button down for 5 seconds or until the computer’s power is off. …
- Wait 30 seconds. …
- Press the power button to start the computer. …
- Properly restart.
How do I restore my computer windows 7?
Click Start ( ), click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click System Restore. The Restore system files and settings window opens. Select Choose a different restore point, and then click Next. Select a date and time from the list of available restore points, and then click Next.