Beginning in July 2019, the Windows 8 Store is officially closed. While you can no longer install or update applications from the Windows 8 Store, you can continue using those already installed. However, since Windows 8 has been out of support since January 2016, we encourage you to update to Windows 8.1 for free.
Can I install Windows 8 on my computer?
Preparing to Install. Buy an old version of Windows 8. The most recent version of Windows 8 is Windows 8.1, which is the only version of Windows 8 on the Microsoft Website. You can find versions of Windows 8 Pro on Amazon and in some tech stores.
Can I downgrade my laptop to Windows 8?
Select the Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,Go back to Windows 8.1, select Get started. By following the prompts, you’ll keep your personal files but remove apps and drivers installed after the upgrade, plus any changes you made to settings.
How can I download Windows 8 on my laptop for free?
Step 1: Go to Microsoft’s page for upgrading to Windows 8 with a product key, then click on the light blue “Install Windows 8” button. Step 2: Launch the setup file (Windows8-Setup.exe) and enter your Windows 8 product key when prompted. Continue the setup process until it begins downloading Windows 8.
How do I install Windows 8 on my HP laptop?
Use the following instructions to set up the drive for Windows 8.1. Go to the HP Customer Care Web site (http://www.hp.com/support), select Software and Drivers, and enter your computer model number. Select Windows 8.1 from the menu. Download and install Intel Rapid Storage Technology (version 11.5.
How can I install Windows 8 on my laptop without CD drive?
How To Install Windows without a CD/DVD Drive
- Step 1: Install Windows from ISO file on a Bootable USB Storage Device. For starters, to install windows from any USB storage device, you need to create a bootable ISO file of the windows operating system on that device. …
- Step 2: Install Windows Using Your Bootable Device.
How long does Windows 8 take to install?
Some upgrades can take from 25 mins to an average of 2 hours, but there have been cases of up to 20 hours. My upgrade from Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit to Windows 8 Pro 64 bit took 9 hours.
What are the system requirements for Windows 8?
The Windows 8 system requirements are:
- Processor: 1GHz CPU or faster.
- RAM: 1GB (32-bit) or 2GB (64-bit)
- Disk space: 16GB (32-bit) or 20GB (64-bit)
- Graphics: DirectX 9-capable video card with WDDM driver.
How do I put Windows 8 on a USB?
How to Install Windows 8 or 8.1 From a USB Device
- Create an ISO file from the Windows 8 DVD. …
- Download the Windows USB/DVD download tool from Microsoft and then install it. …
- Start the Windows USB DVD Download Tool program. …
- Select Browse on Step 1 of 4: Choose ISO file screen.
Can I downgrade my Windows 8 to 7?
There are no downgrade rights for retail versions of Windows 8. If you installed Windows 8 on a computer that used to have Windows 7 (or other older version), you do not have downgrade rights. You’ll need an unused Windows 7 retail key to downgrade.
Should I downgrade to Windows 8?
Windows 10 can sometimes be a real mess. Between botched updates, treating its users as beta testers, and adding features we never wanted it can be tempting to downgrade. But you shouldn’t go back to Windows 8.1, and we can tell you why.
How do I download apps on my Windows 8 laptop?
To install an app:
- From the Store, locate and select the app you wish to install. Clicking an app.
- The app information page will appear. If the app is free, click the Install button. …
- The app will begin downloading and will be installed automatically. …
- The installed app will appear on the Start screen.
Is Windows 8 free to download?
Is Windows 8 Free? This version of Windows can be downloaded for free, however a license to activate it can not, and Microsoft no longer sell them as it has been superseded by the newer Windows 10. Owners of a license for this version of Windows could, for a time, upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
How do I install Windows 8 without a product key?
Open the Start Screen and search for “Deployment and Imaging Tools” and run the special command prompt environment. Burn or mount the ISO file in a virtual machine and you will be able to install Windows 8 without a product key and also select the standard or pro edition.