In Windows 10, you can access this window through Settings > Personalization > Themes > Desktop Icon Settings. In Windows 8 and 10, it’s Control Panel > Personalize > Change Desktop Icons. Use the checkboxes in the “Desktop icons” section to select which icons you want on your desktop.
How do I add icons to apps in Windows 10?
In this article
- Move the cursor to the Results pane, and right-click the desired application.
- Select Properties.
- On the General tab, click Change Icon.
- Select the desired icon, or browse to another location to select the icon. After you’ve selected the icon, click OK. The new icon appears in the Results pane.
Can I create my own desktop icons?
Create Your Own Icons
To personalize your desktop, you can ow start creating your very own icons for different shortcuts and basic items displayed on your desktop. This is what you need: A square image. An ICO converter.
How do I turn an image into an icon?
How to create an ICO?
- Upload an image file.
- Use the optional settings to change the ICO size, DPI or crop the original image (optional).
- Create a favicon. ico by setting the size to 16×16 pixel.
- Click on “Start conversion” and your icon will be created.
How do I convert PNG to ICO?
How to convert PNG to ICO
- Upload png-file(s) Select files from Computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL or by dragging it on the page.
- Choose “to ico” Choose ico or any other format you need as a result (more than 200 formats supported)
- Download your ico.