How do I only show contact name and hide number on Android messaging app?
Open the Phone app and select the Contacts tab. Select the three vertical dots in the upper-right corner of your display and choose “Contacts settings.” Select “Display” and then enable “Show contact with phone numbers only.”
How do I separate text notifications on Android?
Google Messages uses the “common” method for custom conversation notifications on phones running Android Oreo and up.
- Tap the Conversation you wish to set a custom notification for.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Details.
- Tap Notifications.
- Tap Sound.
- Tap your desired tone.
How do I text privately on Android?
Hide text messages by turning on “Silent” notifications
- From your phone’s home screen, swipe down from the top to open the notification shade.
- Long press the notification from a specific contact you want to hide and select “Silent”
- Go to Settings > Apps & NOtifications > Notifications > NOtifications on Lock screen.
Where is SMS setting on Samsung?
Set up SMS – Samsung Android
- Select Messages.
- Select the Menu button. Note: The Menu button may be placed elsewhere on your screen or your device.
- Select Settings.
- Select More settings.
- Select Text messages.
- Select Message Centre.
- Enter the Message centre number and select Set.
Can you * 67 a text message?
The most well-known vertical service code in North America is *67. If you want to hide your number and make a private call, just dial *67 before entering the destination number you want to contact. … But keep in mind that this only works for phone calls, not text messages.
Does my name show up when I text someone Android?
When you are in your messaging app (or in handcent), when you see a text message conversation the message from someone else has their name. A message from you to them has “Me” as the name.
How can I text someone who has blocked me?
In order to send a blocked text message, you must use a free text messaging service. An online text messaging service can send a text message from an anonymous email to a recipient’s cell phone.
Why does my Android phone not make a sound when I get a text?
Make sure the Notifications are set to Normal. Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. … Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal.
How do I get sound when I get a text message?
How to Set Text Message Ringtone in Android
- From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app.
- From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Notifications“.
- Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
How do I change my text message settings?
Text Message Notification Settings – Android™
- From the messaging app, tap the Menu icon.
- Tap ‘Settings’ or ‘Messaging’ settings.
- If applicable, tap ‘Notifications’ or ‘Notification settings’.
- Configure the following received notification options as preferred: …
- Configure the following ringtone options: