It is possible that your router is running out of memory or using up a lot of CPU cycles, and a restart allows things to go back to normal. Ideally, you should switch off the router, wait about 15 to 20 seconds, and switch it back on.
Why is my Wi-Fi so slow on my phone only?
Go to your phone’s Settings, then go to Wi-Fi and long-press on your network. Now, select ‘forget network’ and turn off your phone. Next, unplug your router for at least 30 second. … Finally, turn on your phone and connect to your network to fix Wi-Fi slow on phone.
Why is my internet so slow on my Android phone?
Your network settings need a reset: Your phone’s network settings may be responsible for your internet slowdown. Sometimes, these settings can get mixed up, which will leave your mobile internet much slower, if it still works at all. We’ll show you how to reset your network settings to speed up your phone’s connection.
How do I make my phone Wi-Fi faster?
From your Android device, you can make following changes on settings to improve Android Wi-Fi performance:
- Tap on Menu from home screen of your Android smartphone or tablet.
- Now switch to Settings option.
- Go to Wireless and networks option.
- Now tap on Wi-Fi settings then go to Advanced option.
- Tap on Wi-Fi optimization.
How do I fix slow Wi-Fi on my phone?
Try resetting network settings
Go to your phone’s settings, navigate to the Reset menu, and select Reset network settings. Hit Enter and all network settings will be reset. Now try logging back in to your home Wi-Fi network and seeing if that fixes the issue.
Why is the Wi-Fi not working on my phone but working on other devices?
If the Internet works fine on other devices, the problem lies with your device and its WiFi adapter. On the other hand, if the Internet doesn’t work on other devices too, then the problem is most likely with the router or the Internet connection itself. One good way to fix the router is to restart it.
How do I make my WiFi signal stronger?
Top 15 Ways to Boost Your WiFi
- Select a Good Place for Your Router.
- Keep Your Router Updated.
- Get a Stronger Antenna.
- Cut Off WiFi Leeches.
- Buy a WiFi Repeater/ Booster/ Extender.
- Switch to a Different WiFi Channel.
- Control Bandwidth-Hungry Applications and Clients.
- Use the Latest WiFi Technologies.
How do I make my WiFi faster?
- Turn things off and on again.
- Move your router to a better location.
- Adjust your router’s antennas.
- Make sure you’re on the right frequency band.
- Prune unnecessary connections.
- Change your Wi-Fi frequency channel.
- Update your router’s firmware.
- Replace your equipment.
How can I speed up my 4G LTE on my Android?
Ways to Make 4G FASTER
- Delete all cache memory in your phone.
- Keep RAM free, As free RAM provides faster Internet.
- Make sure your sim card does not have any damages.
- Go to settings and select Mobile Networks And select Network Mode then select the Top Option in this drop-down list.
- Download lite version of apps.
How do I clear Android cache?
In the Chrome app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app .
- At the top right, tap More .
- Tap History. Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Tap Clear data.
How do I purposely slow down my internet?
You can conveniently slow down your Internet connection speed using a special kind of software to put a cap on the bandwidth that you can use.
- Using NetLimiter. Download and install NetLimiter. …
- Using Traffic Shaper XP. Download and install Traffic Shaper XP. …
- Using CC Proxy. Download and install CC Proxy software.
How can I increase my android signal strength?
How to boost signal strength of your smartphone
- Remove any type of cover, case or hand blocking the antenna of the smartphone. …
- Remove obstructions between your smartphone and the cell tower. …
- Conserve your cellphone battery. …
- Check your SIM card for any damage or dust. …
- Switch back to 2G or 3G network.