Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
How do I get sound on my text messages android?
How to Set Text Message Ringtone in Android
- From the Home screen, tap the app slider, then open the “Messaging“ app.
- From the main list of message threads, tap “Menu” then choose “Settings“.
- Select “Notifications“.
- Select “Sound“, then choose the tone for text messages or choose “None“.
Why can’t I hear my text messages come in?
Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > and scroll down to the section Sounds and Vibration Patterns. In this section, look for Text Tone. If this says None or Vibrate Only, tap it and change the alert to something you like.
Why can’t I hear my text messages on my Samsung phone?
Step 1: Open Settings on your phone and go to Apps. Step 2: Tap on the Messaging app followed by Storage. Step 3: Tap on Clear cache followed by Clear data. Restart your phone.
Why are my messages not showing up on my Android?
Why is my phone not showing message notifications? Go to Settings > Sound & Notification > App Notifications. Select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on and set to Normal. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
How do I fix my text messages not showing up?
How to fix messaging on your Android phone
- Go into your home screen and then tap on the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and then tap on the Apps selection.
- Then scroll down to the Message app in the menu and tap on it.
- Then tap on the Storage selection.
- You should see two options at the bottom: Clear data and Clear cache.
Why are some text Messages silent?
Your phone may not be on “Do Not Disturb,” but that conversation is – it’s a separate setting from your phone’s “Do Not Disturb” setting. Just go into that conversation -> Details -> toggle the Do Not Disturb switch and you should have your notifications back.
How do you unmute text Messages on Android?
How do I unmute a text conversation?
- Tap the Message+ icon . If not available, navigate: Apps > Message+.
- Select a conversation.
- Tap the Menu icon (located in the upper-right).
- Select Mute / Unmute Conversation.
Why is my Samsung phone not making sound?
Check to make sure that your phone has not been accidentally muted. … During a call, press the Volume up button on the side of your phone or you can test the sound from the Settings menu on your device. 1 Go to “Settings”, then tap “Sounds and vibration”.
Why is my Samsung not receiving texts from iPhones?
To see if one of the downloaded apps is the reason why your S10 can’t receive texts from iPhones, restart the device to safe mode. When on safe mode, all third party apps are blocked. If group messaging works on safe mode only, it means that one of the apps is the reason for the problem.
Can send texts but not receive them?
So, if your Android messaging app is not working, then you have to clear the cache memory. Step 1: Open the Settings and go to Apps. Find the Messages app from the list and tap to open it. … Once the cache is cleared, you can also clear the data if you want to and you’ll instantly receive the text messages on your phone.