MMS messages and pictures are stored in a database in your data folder located on your phone’s internal memory as well. But you can manually save the pictures and audios in your MMS to your Gallery app.
How do I view multimedia messages on Android?
Allow Automatic Retrieval of MMS Messages When Your Android Phone is in Roaming Mode. To enable the automatic MMS retrieve feature, open the messaging app and tap on the Menu key > Settings. Then, scroll down to the Multimedia message (SMS) settings.
Why can’t I see my MMS messages?
Check the Android phone’s network connection if you can’t send or receiving MMS messages. An active cellular data connection is required to use the MMS function. Open the phone’s Settings and tap “Wireless and Network Settings.” Tap “Mobile Networks” to confirm it is enabled.
Where are messages stored on Android phones?
In general, Android SMS are stored in a database in the data folder located in the internal memory of the Android phone. However, the location of database might vary from phone to phone.
Why do MMS messages have to be downloaded?
MMS service uses a cache to perform its operations. You may fail to download the MMS message if the cache/data of the service is corrupt. In this context, clearing the cache and data of the service may solve the problem. … Upon restart, try to download the message and check if the issue has been resolved.
How do I view MMS messages?
Android MMS Settings
- Tap Apps. Tap Settings. Tap More Settings or Mobile Data or Mobile Networks. Tap Access Point names.
- Tap More or Menu. Tap Save.
- Tap the Home Button to return to your home screen.
Why does my phone not download multimedia messages?
If you can’t download MMS, it’s possible that the remaining cache files have been corrupted. You should still try clearing the cache and data for the app to resolve the problem that your phone wont download MMS. A hard reset is a last resort solution for resolving MMS issues on an Android phone.
How do I turn on MMS on my Samsung Galaxy?
Set up MMS – Samsung Android
- Select Apps.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to and select Mobile networks.
- Select Access Point Names.
- Select MORE.
- Select Reset to default.
- Select RESET. Your phone will reset to default Internet and MMS settings. MMS problems should be solved at this point. …
- Select ADD.
How do I fix my MMS on my Android?
There are actually several ways to fix the MMS not working issue on your phone and start sending and receiving MMS messages.
- Turn on Mobile Data. …
- Reset Mobile Network. …
- Make Sure Auto-download MMS is Turned on. …
- Clear the Messages App’s Data. …
- Reset your APN Settings to Default.
Why are my picture messages not being received?
If your smartphone refuses to send or receive picture messages, check that data connection is active and enabled on your device. If you’re using Wi-Fi, temporarily disable Wi-Fi and use cellular data. You cannot send MMS over Wi-Fi, so you should make sure you have an active cellular/mobile data plan.
How can I retrieve old text messages from my Android?
How to restore your SMS messages with SMS Backup & Restore
- Launch SMS Backup & Restore from your home screen or app drawer.
- Tap Restore.
- Tap the checkboxes next to the backups you want to restore. …
- Tap the arrow next to the SMS messages backups if you have multiple backups stored and want to restore a specific one.
Are all text messages saved somewhere?
The text messages are stored in both locations. Some phone companies also keep records of sent text messages. They sit on the company’s server for anywhere from three days to three months, depending on the company’s policy. … AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint do not keep the contents of text messages.
How do you find deleted text messages on an Android?
How to recover deleted texts on Android
- Open Google Drive.
- Go to the Menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Google Backup.
- If your device has been backed up, you should see the name of your device listed.
- Select the name of your device. You should see SMS Text Messages with a timestamp indicating when the last backup took place.