On your Android device, slide down the notification drawer and tap where it says “USB connected: Select to copy files to/from your computer.” On the next screen select Turn on USB storage, then tap OK.
What is USB storage on Android?
The USB storage is a partition of the internal hard drive where the user can keep his files. So on a device like the Samsung Galaxy SII, this is where the 16GB of storage is that the device comes with.
Where is USB settings on Android?
The easiest way to locate the setting is to open settings and then search for USB (Figure A). Searching for USB in Android settings. Scroll down and tap Default USB Configuration (Figure B).
Can’t connect to USB storage Android?
Make sure that your phone’s specifications allow connecting an external device to it. Check the Android version in the settings and check your device in USB OTG Checker. Insert your OTG cable into the microUSB connector. Connect your USB stick to the USB connector on the OTG cable.
Can’t connect to USB storage?
Try following methods. Go to Settings> Storage> More (three dots menu)> USB computer connection, choose Media device (MTP). For Android 6.0, go to Settings> About phone (> Software info), tap “Build number” 7-10 times. Back to Settings> Developer options, check “Select USB Configuration”, choose MTP.
Where is USB storage on my phone?
Find files on a USB
- Connect a USB storage device to your Android device.
- On your Android device, open Files by Google .
- At the bottom, tap Browse. . …
- Tap the storage device you want to open. Allow.
- To find files, scroll to “Storage devices” and tap your USB storage device.
How do I check my USB storage?
How can I find the free capacity of my USB drive? To find the free capacity of data in your removable hard drive simply open the drive on your computer and right click. A selection box should appear. After the selection box appears, select properties, and from there you will find your data available.
How do I enable my USB?
Enable USB Ports via Device Manager
- Click the Start button and type “device manager” or “devmgmt. …
- Click “Universal Serial Bus controllers” to see a list of USB ports on the computer.
- Right-click each USB port, then click “Enable.” If this does not re-enable the USB ports, right-click each again and select “Uninstall.”
Where is USB option in Samsung?
Open the Settings app. Choose Storage. Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command. Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP).
How do I fix my USB device not recognized Android?
8 Fixes to try if Android Phone is not recognized by PC
- Connect your phone to the computer as File Transfer/ MTP. …
- Restart your phone and the computer. …
- Check the USB cable. …
- Turn on USB Debugging on your phone. …
- Update the driver for your Android phone. …
- Try another computer. …
- Visit the official support centre.
Where is OTG in settings?
In many devices, there comes an “OTG setting” that needs to be enabled to connect the phone with external USB appliances. Usually, when you try to connect an OTG, you get an alert “Enable OTG”. This is when you need to turn the OTG option ON. To do this, navigate through Settings > Connected devices > OTG.
Why is my USB tethering not working?
If you are facing trouble while USB tethering, read on. You will find a number of fixes for Android devices. … Make sure the connected USB cable is working. Try Another USB Cable.
How do I fix my USB stick not reading?
What to Do When Your USB Drive Is Not Showing Up
- How To Fix a Plugged-In USB Drive Not Showing Up.
- Preliminary Checks.
- Check For Device Compatibility.
- Update Your Operating System.
- Use Disk Management Tool.
- Try Plugging Into a Different Computer Or USB Port.
- Troubleshoot Drivers.
- Use Device Manager To scan For Hardware Changes.