Connect the Android device to the Mac with a USB cable. Launch Android File Transfer and wait for it to recognize the device. Photos are stored in one of two locations, the “DCIM” folder and/or the “Pictures” folder, look in both. Use drag & drop to pull the photos from Android to the Mac.
How do I transfer files from Android to Mac?
How to use it
- Download the app.
- Open AndroidFileTransfer.dmg.
- Drag Android File Transfer to Applications.
- Use the USB cable that came with your Android device and connect it to your Mac.
- Double click Android File Transfer.
- Browse the files and folders on your Android device and copy files.
How do you download pictures from a Samsung phone to a Mac?
Transferring Photos and Videos to a Mac
- Tap Connected as a media device.
- Tap Camera (PTP)
- On your Mac, open Android File Transfer.
- Open the DCIM folder.
- Open the Camera folder.
- Select the photos and videos you wish to transfer.
- Drag the files into the desired folder on your Mac.
- Detach the USB cable from your phone.
How do I transfer photos from Android to Mac 2020?
How to transfer files from Android to Mac:
- Download and install MacDroid. Connect your Android device to your Mac using USB cable.
- Open and click on “Devices” in the main menu. Next, you’ll need to grant your Mac access to your Android device.
- That’s it! You can now view data on your device in Finder.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my Android phone?
Instead, to get your Android device connected to your Mac, turn the Android’s debugging mode on before connecting via USB.
- Press the “Menu” button on your Android device and tap “Settings.”
- Tap “Applications,” then “Development.”
- Tap “USB Debugging.”
- Connect your Android device to your Mac with the USB cable.
How do I get my Mac to recognize my Samsung phone?
First go to SETTINGS, then click WIRELESS AND NETWORK, then tick USB UTILITIES, then click CONNECT STORAGE TO PC once you have plugged USB to your laptop. Mac should be able to read USB after doing this. Go to Finder and you will see your USB device connected.
Can I link my Android phone to my Mac?
Connect your Android device to your Mac via USB. … Tap Allow on your Android device when prompted. You may also be asked to choose the connection type. Choose to transfer media files or whatever variation of that phrase your Android device says.
Can I use an Android phone with a Macbook?
Yeah, Android devices don’t always play well with Apple devices, but AirDroid makes life a lot easier. It lets your Android phone or tablet interact with your Mac in almost the same way your iPhone does. You can even send and receive SMS, and you can mirror your Android device’s screen onto your Mac.
How do I airdrop from Android to Mac?
Transfer Android Files to Mac via Bluetooth
- Next, on your Android device, go to Settings > Bluetooth. …
- Tap on Pair on your Android device too.
- After you pair your phone or tablet to your Mac, click on the Bluetooth icon on your Mac’s menu bar. …
- If you want to send files to your Mac, you’ll enable Bluetooth Sharing.
How do I transfer photos from my Android to my laptop?
Option 2: Move files with a USB cable
- Unlock your phone.
- With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer.
- On your phone, tap the “Charging this device via USB” notification.
- Under “Use USB for,” select File Transfer.
- A file transfer window will open on your computer.
How do I transfer photos from Android to Mac without USB?
AirMore – Transfer Photos from Android to Mac without USB Cable
- Click the download button below to install it for your Android. …
- Visit AirMore Web on Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Run this app on your device. …
- When the main interface pops up, tap on “Pictures” icon and you can see all photos stored on your device.