Hold the Power button and Volume Down button at the same time for a while until the touch screen becomes black. After 1 minute or so, please restart your Android device again. In many cases, the touch screen will return to normal state after you reboot the Android device.
Why is my touchscreen not responding?
Some common reasons are: Physical damage– Maybe your Android phone is damaged or broken. Or maybe its due to moisture detected issue, high temperature, static electricity, cold, etc can lead to touch screen damage on Android phones. Even after ROM flashing, firmware update, etc can crash Android phone completely.
How do you fix an unresponsive touch screen?
You can often fix an unresponsive touch screen by cleaning it or resetting the device.
- Remove the plastic touch screen protector sheet. …
- Wipe the screen with a soft microfiber cloth. …
- Dry your hands thoroughly. …
- Reset the device. …
- Delete any third-party applications you recently installed. …
- Recalibrate the touch screen.
What to do if the screen is not responding?
Tip: After you restart, if your touchscreen is still completely unresponsive, learn how to reset your phone to factory settings (below). Important: To learn how to turn safe mode on and off, go to your device manufacturer’s support site. Turn on safe mode. Touch the screen.
What is Ghost touch?
It occurs when your phone operates itself and responding to some touches you’re not actually. It could be a random touch, a part of the screen, or some parts of the screen becomes frozen. The reasons behind the Android ghost touch problem.
Why is my phone working but the screen is black?
If there is a critical system error causing the black screen, this should get your phone working again. … Depending on the model Android phone you have you may need to use some combination of buttons to force restart the phone, including: Press & hold the Home, Power, & Volume Down/Up buttons.
How do I fix my Samsung unresponsive screen?
How to fix an unresponsive touchscreen on a Galaxy device
- Force the phone to reboot. Press and hold the Volume Down and Power key for 7 to 10 seconds to perform a forced reboot or soft reset. …
- Optimize device performance. …
- Reboot the phone in safe mode. …
- Back up and Factory Reset.
How do I unlock my touchscreen?
Locking and Unlocking the Device
- To lock the touchscreen, hold. , and select Lock Screen.
- To unlock the touchscreen, hold. , and select Unlock Screen.
- To lock the touchscreen and keys, hold. , and select Lock Device.
- To unlock the touchscreen and keys, hold. , and select Unlock Device.