Press the Home button, and then press the Apps button. Navigate to Settings. Under “Wireless and Networks”, make sure “Wi-Fi” is turned on, then press Wi-Fi. You may have to wait a moment as your Android device detects wireless networks in range, and displays them in a list.
Can’t connect to Wi-Fi Android?
If your Android phone won’t connect to Wi-Fi, you should first make sure that your phone isn’t on Airplane Mode, and that Wi-Fi is enabled on your phone. If your Android phone claims it’s connected to Wi-Fi but nothing will load, you can try forgetting the Wi-Fi network and then connecting to it again.
How do I enable Wi-Fi disabled on Android?
Go to settings, then on Wireless and Network check to ensure that the WiFi icon is turned on. Alternatively, draw down the notification bar menu, then enable WiFi icon if it’s off.
How do I manually connect to Wi-Fi on my Android phone?
Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Open the Settings app. It’s found in the apps drawer, but you’ll also find a shortcut in the quick actions drawer.
- Choose Wi-Fi or Wireless & Networks. …
- Choose a wireless network from the list. …
- If prompted, type the network password. …
- Touch the Connect button.
Why is my phone saying Wi-Fi disabled?
Go to Settings, Connections, WiFi, Advanced, make sure Smart Network Switch is off. Uncheck Auto Connect, Check the WiFi On During Sleep setting, tap the Wi-Fi control history and see if it looks correct or has an app been taking control. I have the same phone and version and the issue happened at about the same time.
How do you fix your phone when it wont connect to WiFi?
Restart your device.
- Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that’s all it takes to fix a bad connection.
- If restarting doesn’t work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data: Open your Settings app “Wireless & networks” or “Connections”. …
- Try the troubleshooting steps below.
How do I fix my WiFi on my Android?
How to Fix WiFi Connection on Android Phone Tablet
- 1 Restart the Android Device. …
- 2 Make Sure the Android Device is in Range. …
- 3 Delete the WiFi Network. …
- 4 Reconnect the Android Device to the WiFi. …
- 5 Restart the Modem and Router. …
- 6 Check the Cables to the Modem and Router. …
- 7 Check the Internet Light on Modem and Router.
Why can’t I turn on Wi-Fi on my Samsung phone?
The first thing you want to do when your Android device isn’t turning on Wi-Fi is to check that you don’t have Airplane mode enabled. … Alternatively, you can navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced and toggle off Airplane mode. If Airplane mode is disabled, you can also enable it and disable it again.
How do I turn my Wi-Fi on?
Turn on & connect
- Swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Touch and hold Wi-Fi .
- Turn on Use Wi-Fi.
- Tap a listed network. Networks that require a password have a Lock .
Why is my Wi-Fi not showing up on my Android?
Verify your Android client is connected SSID and IP address.
Return to your Android device’s Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi panel and tap Wi-Fi Settings. Find your network’s name (SSID) on the list of nearby Wi-Fi networks. If your network’s name is not on the list, the AP or router may be hiding its SSID.
How do I find my Wi-Fi settings?
Step 1: Swipe a finger down from the top to expand the Notification Shade and tap the Cog icon. Step 2: With the Settings panel open, tap Network & Internet. On Samsung phones, tap Connections instead. Step 3: Tap Wi-Fi.
How do I find a hidden Wi-Fi on my Android?
In these cases, follow these steps to connect to the hidden Wi-Fi network:
- Open the Settings app and choose Wi-Fi.
- Tap the Action Overflow and choose Add Network. The item might be titled Add Wi-Fi Network. …
- Type the network name into the Enter the SSID box.
- Choose the security setting.
- Type the password.