Open the Settings app. Choose Storage. Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command. Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP).
How do I enable PTP on Android?
Go to Settings > Storage > Menu > USB computer connection, and select Camera (PTP).
How do I change my MTP settings on Android?
- Navigate to ‘Apps’ > ‘Power Tools’ > ‘EZ Config’ > ‘Generator’
- Open DeviceConfig.xml. Expand ‘DeviceConfig’ > ‘Other Settings’ Tap ‘Set USB Mode’ and set to required option. MTP – Media Transfer Protocol (File transfers) PTP – Photo Transfer Protocol. Select ‘Update Configure’ Save.
- Reboot the device.
Where is MTP or PTP on Android?
From the Home screen, touch and hold the Recent Apps Key (in the Touch Keys bar) > Settings > Storage > the Menu icon (at the upper-right corner of the screen) > USB PC connection. Tap Media sync (MTP), Internet connection, or Camera (PTP) to connect to the PC.
What is PTP mode in Android?
PTP stands for “Picture Transfer Protocol.” When Android uses this protocol, it appears to the computer as a digital camera. MTP is actually based on PTP, but adds more features, or “extensions.” PTP works similarly to MTP, and is commonly used by digital cameras.
Where is USB settings on Android?
How to Configure Your Android’s USB Connection
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Storage.
- Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command.
- Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). Select Media Device (MTP) if it’s not already selected.
How do I change a file to MTP mode?
go to settings -> “my device” (or similar) and tap on your build number multiple times. go to “advanced” -> “developer settings” and check if “Select USB Configuration:” is set to MTP for file transfer or PTP for your Android to play a digital camera storage.
How do you fix a MTP driver problem?
5: Install MTP Porting Kit
- Download MTP Porting Kit from Microsoft official website here. Then double click it to install the setup file.
- After the installation, restart your computer.
- Reconnect your mobile phone to your computer by using the USB cable again to see if the problem persists.
How do I enable USB host mode on Android?
When that is the case the solution is fairly simple — to add a configuration file to the Android system files to enable USB Host Mode.
 From the command prompt, run the following adb commands:
- adb kill-server.
- adb start-server.
- adb usb.
- adb devices.
- adb remount.
- adb push android. hardware. usb. host. …
- adb reboot.
Why I Cannot transfer files from Android to PC?
Troubleshoot your USB connections
Try a different USB cable. Not all USB cables can transfer files. To test the USB port on your phone, connect your phone to a different computer. To test the USB port on your computer, connect a different device to your computer.
How do I access my USB device from MTP?
- Connect the device with the appropriate USB cable to the PC.
- In the home screen, slide with a finger from the top to the bottom of the screen.
- Verify that the USB connection is saying ‘Connected as media device’.
- If it does not, tap on the message and select ‘Media device (MTP).