Update your preferred texting app. Updates often resolve obscure issues or bugs that may prevent your texts from sending. Clear the text app’s cache. Then, reboot the phone and restart the app.
Why can I send texts but not receive them?
So, if your Android messaging app is not working, then you have to clear the cache memory. Step 1: Open the Settings and go to Apps. Find the Messages app from the list and tap to open it. … Once the cache is cleared, you can also clear the data if you want to and you’ll instantly receive the text messages on your phone.
Can send but not receive text messages Samsung?
If your Samsung can send but Android not receiving texts, the first thing you need to try is to clear the Messages app’s cache and data. Head to Settings > Apps > Messages > Storage > Clear Cache. After clearing the cache, head back to the setting menu and select Clear Data this time. Then restart your device.
Can send but not receive MMS Android?
Check the Android phone’s network connection if you can’t send or receiving MMS messages. … Open the phone’s Settings and tap “Wireless and Network Settings.” Tap “Mobile Networks” to confirm it is enabled. If not, enable it and attempt to send a MMS message.
Why is my Samsung not receiving texts from iPhones?
To see if one of the downloaded apps is the reason why your S10 can’t receive texts from iPhones, restart the device to safe mode. When on safe mode, all third party apps are blocked. If group messaging works on safe mode only, it means that one of the apps is the reason for the problem.
Why won’t my text messages send on my Android?
If your Android won’t send text messages, the first thing you should do is make sure you have a decent signal — without cell or Wi-Fi connectivity, those texts are going nowhere. A soft reset of an Android can usually fix an issue with outgoing texts, or you can also force a power cycle reset.
What to do when SMS is not sending?
Setting SMSC in default SMS app.
- Go to Settings > Apps, find your stock SMS app (the one that came pre-installed on your phone).
- Tap it, and make sure it’s not disabled. If it is, enable it.
- Now launch the SMS app, and look for the SMSC setting. …
- Enter your SMSC, save it, and try to send a text message.
How do I fix my android not receiving texts?
How to Fix Androids Not Receiving Texts
- Check blocked numbers. …
- Check the reception. …
- Disable Airplane mode. …
- Reboot the phone. …
- Deregister iMessage. …
- Update Android. …
- Update your preferred texting app. …
- Clear the text app’s cache.
How do I fix my text messages not showing up?
How to fix messaging on your Android phone
- Go into your home screen and then tap on the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and then tap on the Apps selection.
- Then scroll down to the Message app in the menu and tap on it.
- Then tap on the Storage selection.
- You should see two options at the bottom: Clear data and Clear cache.
Why are my texts failing to send Samsung?
Check Carrier Uptime
The carrier may be going through maintenance or some error leading to downtime and subsequent issues like Samsung messages not sending errors. You can check downtime for several services at Down Detector.
How do I fix my MMS on my Android?
There are actually several ways to fix the MMS not working issue on your phone and start sending and receiving MMS messages.
- Turn on Mobile Data. …
- Reset Mobile Network. …
- Make Sure Auto-download MMS is Turned on. …
- Clear the Messages App’s Data. …
- Reset your APN Settings to Default.
Why can’t I download a MMS message?
If you can’t download MMS, it’s possible that the remaining cache files have been corrupted. You should still try clearing the cache and data for the app to resolve the problem that your phone wont download MMS. A hard reset is a last resort solution for resolving MMS issues on an Android phone.
How do I enable MMS on my Android?
How do I activate my MMS?
- Select Apps.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll to and select Mobile networks.
- Select Access Point Names.
- Select MORE.
- Select Reset to default.
- Select RESET. Your phone will reset to default Internet and MMS settings. MMS problems should be solved at this point. …
- Select ADD.