How do I get my Android to recognize my USB?
How to Configure Your Android’s USB Connection
- Open the Settings app.
- Choose Storage.
- Touch the Action Overflow icon and choose the USB Computer Connection command.
- Choose either Media Device (MTP) or Camera (PTP). Select Media Device (MTP) if it’s not already selected.
Why can’t my phone read my flash drive?
Make sure that your phone’s specifications allow connecting an external device to it. Check the Android version in the settings and check your device in USB OTG Checker. … Connect your USB stick to the USB connector on the OTG cable. Run any file manager to get access to the content of the connected storage.
How do I get my phone to read my flash drive?
How to connect a USB flash storage device to your Android phone. Plug your USB OTG cable into your Android phone. Plug your USB flash storage device into the female connector of your OTG cable. The file explorer on your phone should automatically pop up.
Can you use a flash drive on a cell phone?
While most modern Android devices aren’t necessarily lacking storage options, there may come a time when you need to use a flash drive with your phone. Fortunately, this is easy—Android natively supports external drives.
How do I enable USB preferences?
On the device, go to Settings > About
How do I fix my USB stick not reading?
What to Do When Your USB Drive Is Not Showing Up
- How To Fix a Plugged-In USB Drive Not Showing Up.
- Preliminary Checks.
- Check For Device Compatibility.
- Update Your Operating System.
- Use Disk Management Tool.
- Try Plugging Into a Different Computer Or USB Port.
- Troubleshoot Drivers.
- Use Device Manager To scan For Hardware Changes.
Why is my SanDisk USB not working on phone?
Why is my Dual USB Drive not being recognized by my Mobile Device? SanDisk Ultra Dual USB Drive is designed to be compatible with USB-On-The-Go enabled Android devices. … This may cause the Dual USB Drive to no longer be recognized until the battery is charged and the device is power cycled.
How do I enable USB host mode on Android?
When that is the case the solution is fairly simple — to add a configuration file to the Android system files to enable USB Host Mode.
 From the command prompt, run the following adb commands:
- adb kill-server.
- adb start-server.
- adb usb.
- adb devices.
- adb remount.
- adb push android. hardware. usb. host. …
- adb reboot.
How do I find my USB drive on my computer?
Insert your USB flash drive into the computer’s USB port located on either the front or back of your computer. Click on “Start” and select “My Computer.” The name of your USB flash drive should appear under the “Devices with Removable Storage” section.
How do I read my flash drive on my Samsung phone?
How to Connect with a USB OTG cable
- Connect a flash drive (or SD reader with card) to the full-size USB female end of the adapter. …
- Connect OTG cable to your phone. …
- Swipe down from the top to show the notification drawer. …
- Tap USB Drive. …
- Tap Internal Storage to view the files on your phone.