Click Programs, and then in Programs and Features, click Turn Windows features on or off. In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Remote Server Administration Tools, and then expand either Role Administration Tools or Feature Administration Tools.
What is Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10?
Remote Server Administration Tools (RSAT) enables IT administrators to remotely manage roles and features in Windows Server from a computer that is running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You cannot install RSAT on computers that are running Home or Standard editions of Windows.
Where do RSAT tools install?
You can find the tools under Windows Features.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click on Apps and then select Apps & Features.
- Select Optional features (or Manage optional features).
- Next, click on Add a feature.
- Scroll down and select RSAT.
- Hit the Install button to install the tools on your device.
How do I access RSAT tools in Windows 10?
RSAT for Windows 10, version 1809 or later versions
To enable the tools, click Start, click Settings, click Apps, and then click Optional features, after that click on the panel Add a feature and enter Remote in the search bar.
What tools are included in RSAT?
RSAT offers a number of tools like:
- Server Manager.
- Active Directory Users & Computers.
- The Active Directory PowerShell module.
- Group Policy Management Console.
- The Group Policy PowerShell module.
- DNS manager.
- DHCP manager.
How do I use Remote Server Administration Tools?
Setting Up RSAT
- Open the Start menu, and search for Settings.
- Once within Settings, go to Apps.
- Click Manage Optional Features.
- Click Add a feature.
- Scroll down to the RSAT features you would like installed.
- Click to install the selected RSAT feature.
How do I enable remote admin tools in Windows 10?
On the Apps & features screen, click Manage optional features. On the Manage optional features screen, click + Add a feature. On the Add a feature screen, scroll down the list of available features until you find RSAT. The tools are installed individually, so select the one you want to add and then click Install.
How can I tell if remote admin tools are installed?
To see installation progress, click the Back button to view status on the Manage optional features page. See the list of RSAT tools available via Features on Demand.
How do I access RSAT tools?
Getting to the RSAT Tools
- Open up Control Panel, then click the Programs option, and finally under the Programs and Features area, click Turn Windows features on or off, as shown in Figure 2. …
- In the Windows Features dialog box, select the remote administration snap-ins and tools that you want to install.
How do I install administrative tools on Windows?
Right-click the Start button and choose “Settings” > “Apps” > “Manage optional features” > “Add feature“. Select “RSAT: Active Directory Domain Services and Lightweight Directory Tools“. Select “Install“, then wait while Windows installs the feature.
Why is RSAT not enabled by default?
RSAT features are not enabled by default because at the wrong hands, it can ruin a lot of files and cause issues on all computers in that network, such as accidently deleting files in the active directory that grants users permissions to software.
How do I enable RSAT on Windows 10 20h2?
Installing RSAT on Windows 10 using Windows Settings
Since the October 2018 Windows Update, RSAT comes included as a set of on-demand features, which means that you don’t need to download RSAT online. To get started, click on the Start Menu → Settings → Apps. You will arrive at the list of Apps & Features.