To access your BIOS, you’ll need to press a key during the boot-up process. This key is often displayed during the boot process with a message “Press F2 to access BIOS”, “Press
to enter setup”, or something similar. Common keys you may need to press include Delete, F1, F2, and Escape.
How do you access the BIOS?
In order to access BIOS on a Windows PC, you must press your BIOS key set by your manufacturer which could be F10, F2, F12, F1, or DEL. If your PC goes through its power on self-test startup too quickly, you can also enter BIOS through Windows 10’s advanced start menu recovery settings.
How do you get into the BIOS in Windows 10?
F12 key method
- Turn the computer on.
- If you see an invitation to press the F12 key, do so.
- Boot options will appear along with the ability to enter Setup.
- Using the arrow key, scroll down and select
- Press Enter.
- The Setup (BIOS) screen will appear.
- If this method does not work, repeat it, but hold F12.
How can I enter BIOS without keyboard?
How to enter bios without keyboard
- Press the Reset CMOS button. Not all motherboards have such a button, so this won’t always be an option.
- Change the setting on the Reset CMOS jumper. …
- Remove the motherboard battery, leave it out for a few seconds, and put it back in.
What happens when reset BIOS?
Resetting your BIOS restores it to the last saved configuration, so the procedure can also be used to revert your system after making other changes. Whatever situation you may be dealing with, remember that resetting your BIOS is a simple procedure for new and experienced users alike.
How do I change BIOS settings?
How Do I Completely Change the BIOS on My Computer?
- Restart your computer and look for the keys–or combination of keys–you must press to access your computer’s setup, or BIOS. …
- Press the key or combination of keys to access your computer’s BIOS.
- Use the “Main” tab to change the system date and time.
What is the main function of BIOS?
BIOS (basic input/output system) is the program a computer’s microprocessor uses to start the computer system after it is powered on. It also manages data flow between the computer’s operating system (OS) and attached devices, such as the hard disk, video adapter, keyboard, mouse and printer.
Why can’t I enter BIOS?
Step 1: Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security. Step 2: Under the Recovery window, click Restart now. Step 3: Click Troubleshoot > Advanced options > UEFI Firmware Settings. Step 4: Click Restart and your PC can go to BIOS.
Can you enter BIOS with USB keyboard?
All new motherboards now work natively with USB keyboards in the BIOS.