The highest salary for an UNIX Administrator in United States is $116,774 per year. The lowest salary for an UNIX Administrator in United States is $57,985 per year.
What does a Unix administrator do?
UNIX Administrator installs, configures, and maintains UNIX operating systems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system’s servers, hardware, applications, and software. … Additionally, UNIX Administrator typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
How much money do system administrators make?
How Much Does a Computer Systems Administrator Make? Computer Systems Administrators made a median salary of $83,510 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $106,310 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $65,460.
Is Linux admin a good job?
There is an ever-growing demand for Linux professionals, and becoming a sysadmin can be a challenging, interesting and rewarding career path. The demand of this professional is increasing day by day. With the development in technology, Linux is the best operating system to explore and ease the work load.
How do I become Unix administrator?
UNIX System Administrator Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a similar field.
- Previous experience as a UNIX system administrator.
- Knowledge of UNIX and LINUX operating systems, storage environments, file systems, and network protocols.
What field pays the most?
The Best Paying IT Jobs
- Enterprise architect — $144,400.
- Technical program manager — $145,000.
- Software architect — $145,400.
- Applications architect — $149,000.
- Infrastructure architect — $153,000.
- Software development manager — $153,300.
- Data warehouse architect — $154,800.
- Software engineering manager — $163,500.
How do I become a Linux administrator?
To become a Linux administrator, follow these steps:
- Earn a bachelor’s degree. A bachelor’s degree is the minimum education requirement to become a Linux administrator. …
- Pursue a master’s degree. …
- Enroll in training courses. …
- Practice installing Linux. …
- Get certified. …
- Problem-solving. …
- Attention to detail. …
How much do CCNA make?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing annual salaries as high as $139,500 and as low as $40,500, the majority of CCNA salaries currently range between $61,000 (25th percentile) to $100,500 (75th percentile) with top earners (90th percentile) making $125,000 annually across the United States.
Are system administrators in demand?
The demand for network and computer systems administrators is expected to grow by as much as 28 percent by 2020. Compared to other occupations, that forecasted growth is faster than average. According to the BLS data, 443,800 jobs will open up for administrators by the year 2020.
Which certification is best for system administrator?
Best System Administrator Certifications
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Red Hat: RHCSA and RHCE.
- Linux Professional Institute (LPI): LPIC System Administrator.
- CompTIA Server+
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator.