Click on Utilities in the Apple menu and select Terminal. At the Terminal prompt, type ‘resetpassword’ then hit enter. This will launch the reset utility, which allows you to select a drive, a user, then a new password and password hint for your admin user. After saving, go to the Apple Menu and click Restart.
How can I find my administrator name and password on my Mac?
Select System Preferences. In the System Preferences window, click on the Users & Groups icon. On the left side of window that opens, locate your account name in the list. If the word Admin is immediately below your account name, then you are an administrator on this machine.
How do I remove an administrator from my Mac without a password?
- boot computer and hold the “apple” key and the “s” key.
- wait for terminal show.
- release keys.
- type without the quotes: “/sbin/mount -uaw”
- press enter.
- type without the quotes: “rm /var/db/.applesetupdone.
- press enter.
- type without the quotes: “reboot”
How do I delete administrator account on Mac?
How to delete an admin account on your Mac computer
- Locate Users & Groups on the bottom left. …
- Select the padlock icon. …
- Enter your password. …
- Select the admin user on the left and then select the minus icon near the bottom. …
- Choose an option from the list and then select Delete User.
How do I recover my Mac administrator password?
Reset your login password using a recovery key
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > Restart, or press the Power button on your computer and then click Restart. Click your user account, click the question mark in the password field, then click the arrow next to “reset it using your recovery key.”
How can I get admin access to a Mac without knowing the current password?
Restart and enter Recovery mode (for 10.7 Lion and newer OS only)
- Hold ⌘ + R on startup.
- Open Terminal from the Utilities menu.
- Type resetpassword and follow the instructions.
What if I forgot my administrator password?
Method 1 – Reset password from another Administrator account:
- Log on to Windows by using an Administrator account that has a password that you remember. …
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- In the Open box, type “control userpasswords2″.
- Click Ok.
- Click the user account that you forgot the password for.
- Click Reset Password.
Why can’t I delete admin account on Mac?
Please open system preferences > users and groups > open pad lock ( enter admin name & password ) , select the user that is to be deleted , click on minus sign on bottom side .
How can I remove administrator account without password?
Type the command “net user username /delete” and press Enter to delete administrator account without password login or admin rights.
How do I delete the administrator account on my computer?
How to Delete an Administrator Account in Settings
- Click the Windows Start button. This button is located in the lower-left corner of your screen. …
- Click on Settings. …
- Then choose Accounts.
- Select Family & other users. …
- Choose the admin account you want to delete.
- Click on Remove. …
- Finally, select Delete account and data.
How do I disable the built in Administrator account?
Open MMC, and then select Local Users and Groups. Right-click the Administrator account, and then select Properties. The Administrator Properties window appears. On the General tab, clear the Account is Disabled check box.
How do I remove previous owner from MacBook Pro?
How to Delete User Accounts from an Old Mac
- Select System Preferences from the Apple menu, click the Accounts icon, click the Lock icon, and enter your password. …
- Select Logout from the Apple menu. …
- On your new computer, triple-check that all the files for all accounts on the old machine have been transferred.
Why is it taking so long to delete a user account on my Mac?
If your system gets stuck while trying to delete a user account, it’s rather likely that you chose the option to save the home folder to a disk image. … Select Delete the home folder option and click on Delete User. You can also use Don’t change the home folder option if you want to manually remove the home folder.