Press Windows+R to open the “Run” box. Type “cmd” into the box and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to run the command as an administrator.
How do I run a program as administrator in CMD?
Open the Command Prompt with Administrative Privileges
- Click the Start icon and click in the Search box.
- Type cmd into the search box. You will see the cmd (Command Prompt) in the search window.
- Hover the mouse over the cmd program and right-click.
- Select “Run as administrator”.
How do I run cmd exe as administrator in Windows 10?
How to Open a Windows 10 Command Prompt with Administrator Privileges
- In the Cortana search field, type in Command Prompt, or just CMD.
- Right click the top result, and select Run as Administrator.
- Click Yes on the popup to allow the app to make changes to your device.
How do I force EXE to run as administrator?
Permanently run a program as an administrator
- Navigate to the program folder of the program you want to run. …
- Right-click the program icon (the .exe file).
- Choose Properties.
- On the Compatibility tab, select the Run This Program As An Administrator option.
- Click OK.
- If you see a User Account Control prompt, accept it.
How do I run an EXE from command prompt?
About This Article
- Type cmd .
- Click Command Prompt.
- Type cd [filepath] .
- Hit Enter.
- Type start [filename.exe] .
- Hit Enter.
How do I run a program as administrator?
Click the start button and navigate to the command prompt (Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt). 2. Make sure that you right click on the command prompt application and choose Run as Administrator. 3.
How do I run Windows 10 as an administrator?
If you’d like to run a Windows 10 app as an administrator, open the Start menu and locate the app on the list. Right-click the app’s icon, then select “More” from the menu that appears. In the “More” menu, select “Run as administrator.”
Why can’t I run cmd as administrator?
If you can’t run Command Prompt as an administrator, the issue might be related to your user account. Sometimes your user account can get corrupted, and that can cause the issue with Command Prompt. Repairing your user account is quite hard, but you can fix the problem simply by creating a new user account.
How do I run a program as administrator without password?
To enable a non-admin user to run admin apps, you need to create a special shortcut that uses the runas command. When you follow this approach, you just need to enter the admin password one time.
How do I run an EXE file?
When you type the name of the EXE file you want to open, Windows displays a list of the files it finds. Double-click on the EXE filename to open it. The program starts and displays its own window. Alternatively, right-click the EXE file name and select “Open” from the pop-up menu to start the program.
Why .EXE file is not running?
Cause. Corrupt registry settings or some third-party product (or virus) can change the default configuration for running EXE files. It may lead to failed operation when you try to run EXE files.
How do I run Control Panel from Command Prompt?
You can press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Windows Run. Type cmd and click OK to open Command Prompt in Windows 10. Then type control panel in Command Prompt window and hit Enter key to open Control Panel with command prompt (cmd).