After some research, it turned out the culprit is this: compatibility. As you can see at the very bottom of this Apple page, there’s a section “iOS 11 is compatible with these devices”. From there I learned, sadly, that my iPad is not on the supported list.
How do I get iOS 11 on my iPad when it doesn’t show up?
If it still doesn’t show up, then restart your iPhone or iPad. If restart also doesn’t help, then you can install the iOS 11.0. 1 update by downloading the IPSW firmware file and installing it manually using iTunes. If you’re getting iOS 11.0.
How do I get iOS 11 on my iPad?
If you are on a Wi-Fi network, you can upgrade to iOS 11 right from your device itself — no need for a computer or iTunes. Just connect your device to its charger and go to Settings > General > Software Update. iOS will automatically check for an update, then prompt you to download and install iOS 11.
Can you update an old iPad to iOS 11?
The iPad 2, 3 and 1st generation iPad Mini are all ineligible and excluded from upgrading to iOS 10 AND iOS 11. They all share similar hardware architectures and a less powerful 1.0 Ghz CPU that Apple has deemed insufficiently powerful enough to even run the basic, barebones features of iOS 10 OR iOS 11!
Why can’t I update to iOS 11 on my iPad?
iPad 4 is the sole new Apple tablet model unable to take the iOS 11 update. That means the device will join every older model in not being able to receive new features. … iOS 11 is a 64-bit operating system, which is why the tablet will not be receiving further updates.
How do I update my iPad from iOS 10.3 3 to iOS 11?
How to Update to iOS 11 via iTunes
- Attach your iPad to your Mac or PC via USB, open iTunes and click on the iPad in the top left corner.
- Click Check for Update or Update in the Device-summary panel, as your iPad may not know the update is available.
- Click Download and Update and follow the prompts to install iOS 11.
Why can’t I update my old iPad?
If you still can’t install the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, try downloading the update again: Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage. … Tap the update, then tap Delete Update. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest update.
Is there a way to update an old iPad?
How to update an old iPad
- Back up your iPad. Make sure your iPad is connected to WiFi and then go to Settings > Apple ID [Your Name] > iCloud or Settings > iCloud. …
- Check for and install the latest software. To check for the latest software, go to Settings > General > Software Update. …
- Back up your iPad.
Why can’t I update my iPad past 10.3 3?
If your iPad cannot upgrade beyond iOS 10.3. 3, then you, most likely, have an iPad 4th generation. The iPad 4th generation is ineligible and excluded from upgrading to iOS 11 or iOS 12 and any future iOS versions.
What iPads are compatible with iOS 11?
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (1st generation)
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
- iPad Air 2.
- iPad Air.
- iPad (6th generation)
- iPad (5th generation)