The reason is the search feature only applies to emails that are in your inbox or folders on your iPhone. If you set your mail settings to only show 20 emails max, it will only search for what you’re looking for in those 20 emails loaded in your inbox/folder.
Why is my email search not working on iPhone?
You will navigate to Settings > Passwords & Accounts > select the email account >toggle off “Mail”. Next, restart the iPhone and toggle the email account back on. If the issue persists, remove the email account and add it back to help resolve this issue.
How do I fix the iOS mail app?
How to Fix Mail Problems with iOS 13: 11 Ways.
- Check Power and Notification Settings. …
- Disable Possible App Conflicts. …
- Force Restart your Device. …
- Refresh your Mail App. …
- Enable Fetch New Data Settings. …
- Contact your Email Provider. …
- Remove Mail Account From Device and Re-Add. …
- Delete Mail App and Install Again.
How do I clean up my iOS mail?
In order to do so, there are only a few steps left to be at “Inbox Zero”:
- Open the Mail app.
- Tap ‘Edit’ in the top right-hand corner.
- Select all of the emails you want to delete. …
- After iOS deletes those emails, go to the trash and delete again.
- Repeat this process until all emails are completely gone.
How do I stop my iPhone from searching for emails?
Click settings> accounts and passwords> Click fetch new data> Click on the account eg your mail account and click fetch or manual or push to set it when you what your phone to check. Turn back app refresh off.
How do I search in IOS Mail?
To search for an email:
- Open Mail and scroll to the top of the Inbox to find the search field.
- Tap the search field, then enter what you’re looking for. …
- If you don’t see the email that you’re looking for in the list of suggestions, tap the magnifying glass under the Search field.
How do I find older emails on my iPhone?
Search for email in Mail on iPhone
- Swipe down from the middle of a mailbox list to reveal the search field.
- Tap in the search field, then type the text you’re looking for.
- Choose between searching all mailboxes or the current mailbox above the results list.
- Tap an email in the results list to see it.
Why is my mail not updating on my iPhone 2021?
You can go to settings and check if the option of Fetch New Data is on. If it is off, your iPhone mail will fail to update. … Go to Settings > Tap Account & Passwords > Tap Fetch New Data. Turn on the Push button, then new data will be pushed to your iPhone from the server when possible.
Why is my email not refreshing on iPhone?
Go to accounts. Go to fetch new data. Scroll all the way down where it says fetch (make sure fetch is turned on) and switch it from manual to every fifteen/thirty/ hourly. That should fix your problem.
How do I reboot my iPhone 12?
How to restart your iPhone X, 11, or 12
- Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power off slider appears.
- Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off.
Does deleting Mail free up storage?
If the email is still stored on the email server, then deleting it will free up space on the server only and not affect your hard drive. If you have downloaded the email and it is stored on your hard drive or you have saved it to your hard drive then you will save some room.
What happens if I delete the mail app on my iPhone?
When the Mail app gets deleted on an iPhone, any of the email accounts you linked to it will be switched to inactive even after you reinstall the app. To make them active again, open the Settings app and tap Accounts & Passwords.
What happens if you delete Mail account on iPhone?
Deleting an Email Account From the iPhone Doesn’t Delete the Account. When an email account is deleted from an iPhone, the email account and address remain unchanged. You can still receive and send emails on the web or in other email programs set up to use the email account.