The copy command backs up the Cisco IOS. Because the IOS resides in flash memory and you are sending the copy to the TFTP server, you need to use the copy flash tftp syntax.
Which command is used in IOS?
The copy tftp flash command places a new file in flash memory, which is the default location for the Cisco IOS in Cisco routers.
What is the backup command for IOS?
The command copy flash tftp will prompt you to back up an existing IOS in flash to a TFTP host.
How do I backup Cisco IOS?
How to backup Cisco IOS image to TFTP server
- Open Kiwi CatTools.
- In the Activities panel, click Add.
- Click the Activity tab. …
- Click Options tab. …
- Select Enter commands in enable mode .
- Select Save device output to file . …
- Select Overwrite existing capture file .
- Select Answer yes to any confirmation prompts .
How do I restore IOS in Rommon mode?
Steps to Restore Cisco IOS from ROMMON Mode
- First, execute the show flash command to verify the name of the flash file and copy the file name.
- Next, execute the following commands to take the backup of the flash file on TFTP server. …
- The following figure shows how to take backup of the flash file on TFTP server.
What is IOS command?
The Cisco IOS command-line interface (CLI) is the primary user interface used for configuring, monitoring, and maintaining Cisco devices. This user interface allows you to directly and simply execute Cisco IOS commands, whether using a router console or terminal, or using remote access methods.
Does IOS have a command prompt?
Basically you can access the command line directly on the iPhone or from a computer using a terminal window. … You can open a Terminal window directly on your iPhone. For iPhones running iOS 4 and later firmware, follow this guide on how to install the MobileTerminal app in iOS 4 and iOS 5.
What is the command to reboot a router?
The reboot command, available in config mode, initiates an operating system reboot. This is equivalent to using the shutdown -r command from a shell prompt.
Which command backs up your license to flash memory?
The license save flash command allows you to back up your license to flash memory.
How do I automatically backup a Cisco switch?
Automatic Backup of Configuration using the Kron Method
- Create a kron policy list—This is the script that lists what commands the router should run at the scheduled time. …
- Create a kron occurrence—This informs the router when and how often the policy should run. …
- Verify the kron configuration by using the show command.
How do I copy IOS in Cisco ROMmon mode?
Steps to Copy the IOS : Start the tftp server and make sure the path is correct and send/receive option is checked in settings. Connect the router to PC through Ethernet cable. Hard boot the router, if the router is still trying to boot from corrupted IOS then hard boot agian and press ctrl+brk to go into ROMmon mode.