By alt-clicking on the update-button in iTunes you are able to select a specific package you want to update from. Select you downloaded package and wait until the software ist installed on the phone. You should be able to install the most recent version of iOS for your iPhone model this way.
Can I choose which iOS update to install?
As reported by ZDNet, iOS users now can choose whether to implement software updates automatically or to download the updates for later installation at more convenient times.
Can I change my iOS to an older version?
Save SHSH Blobs So You Can Restore Later
Those are the only two official ways to downgrade to previous versions of iOS. You can either downgrade from a beta version to a stable version, or downgrade to the previous stable version during a short window where the old IPSW files are still signed by Apple.
How can I update my iPhone 6 to iOS 14?
Install iOS 14 or iPadOS 14
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
How do I install an older version of iOS without iTunes?
Downgrade iOS without iTunes
- Disable “Find My iPhone”.
- Download the Right Restore Image. Download the right restore image for the older version you intend to downgrade to and your phone model.
- Connect your iOS Device to Your Computer. …
- Open Finder. …
- Trust the Computer. …
- Install the Older iOS Version.
How do I install an older version of iOS on my iPad?
To start, connect your iOS device to your computer, then follow these steps:
- Open up iTunes.
- Head to the “Device” menu.
- Select the “Summary” tab.
- Hold the Option key (Mac) or left Shift key (Windows).
- Click on “Restore iPhone” (or “iPad” or “iPod”).
- Open the IPSW file.
- Confirm by clicking the “Restore” button.
How do I restore from iOS 13 to iOS 14?
Steps on How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13
- Connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Open iTunes for Windows and Finder for Mac.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Now select the Restore iPhone option and simultaneously keep the left option key on Mac or the left shift key on Windows pressed.
Can I downgrade my iOS from 13 to 12?
To encourage people to stay on the latest version of iOS, Apple stops signing versions of iOS soon after a new version of the software is made available. … Apple stopped signing iOS 12.4.
How do I roll back an iOS update?
Click “iPhone” beneath the “Devices” heading in the left sidebar of iTunes. Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with.
What happens if you don’t update your iPhone?
Will my apps still work if I don’t do the update? As a rule of thumb, your iPhone and your main apps should still work fine, even if you don’t do the update. … Conversely, updating your iPhone to the latest iOS could cause your apps to stop working. If that happens, you might have to update your apps too.
Why can’t I install iOS 14?
If your iPhone won’t update to iOS 14, it might mean that your phone is incompatible or doesn’t have enough free memory. You also need to make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, and has enough battery life. You may also need to restart your iPhone and attempt to update again.
Why is iOS 14 not available?
Why is iOS 14 Update not Showing Up on My iPhone
The major reason is that iOS 14 has not officially launched. What Apple has shown in their news is that they have only rolled out the beta version of the update. And since it is not a formal and official update, you cannot see it in the Settings app on your device.