To reset your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset and then select Erase All Content and Settings. If you’ve got an iCloud backup set up, iOS will ask if you’d like to update it, so you don’t lose unsaved data. We advise you to follow this advice, and tap Back Up Then Erase.
How do I wipe and reinstall iOS on my iPhone?
Erase all content and settings from iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Reset. If you’re asked to enter your passcode and you’ve forgotten it, see Reset the passcode. If you’re asked to enter your Apple ID password and you’ve forgotten it, see the Recover your Apple ID website.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How do you reset firmware on iPhone?
Question: Q: What is a Device Firmware Reset?
- Connect the device to an AC power adapter. …
- Press and hold the following two buttons together for 15 seconds, then release the Sleep/Wake button. …
- Continue to hold the following button for 20 seconds: …
- Leave the device connected to the charger for five minutes.
What happens when reset iOS?
Once you have reset your iPhone, any apps you’ve installed, as well as your contacts, appointments, notes, and any other personal data, will disappear. … If you were performing the reset so that you could then sell your iPhone, you can be certain that not a single bit of your personal information is stored in your phone.
How do you reset a locked iPhone?
Perform a hard reset on your phone by holding down the sleep/wake button and the Home button at the same time. Hold the buttons until the “Connect to iTunes” screen appears. On your computer, choose “Restore” from the iTunes screen. This will delete all data from your phone.
How do I factory reset my iPhone 12?
From the Home screen, tap Settings > General > Reset. Tap desired option: Reset All Settings Use this option before attempting a master reset. Erase All Content and Settings Use this option for master reset.
Can you reinstall iOS on iPhone?
Back up your iPhone data and settings using iTunes or iCloud before reinstalling iOS. You can then restore the backup after the refresh. Download and install the latest version of iTunes to reinstall iOS on your iPhone.
How do I reinstall iPhone from scratch?
How to factory reset and restore your iPhone
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap “General,” and then tap “Reset.”
- Scroll and select “Reset.”
- Tap “Erase all Content and Settings,” and choose “Erase Now.” If for some reason you haven’t already backed up your iPhone, this is your last chance — you can choose “Backup then Erase.”
How do I reinstall iOS on my iPhone without a computer?
And here are detailed steps.
- Open “Settings” on your device > Tap on “General” > Scroll down the screen and choose “Reset”. …
- Reach to the Apps & Data screen > Tap Restore from iCloud Backup. …
- Choose Recover from iCloud mode > Click Right Arrow on the bottom right corner to continue.
What does a firmware reset do?
A firmware reset updates the firmware and resets all settings.
How do I manually backup my iPhone?
Back up iPhone
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup. iCloud automatically backs up your iPhone daily when iPhone is connected to power, locked, and on Wi-Fi.
- To perform a manual backup, tap Back Up Now.
What is recovery mode iPhone?
Recovery mode is a troubleshooting tool that connects your iPhone to a computer and lets an app — either Finder or iTunes — diagnose and fix the problem.