How do I install an older version of iOS on my iPhone?
How to downgrade to an older version of iOS on your iPhone or iPad
- Click Restore on the Finder popup.
- Click Restore and Update to confirm.
- Click Next on the iOS 13 Software Updater.
- Click Agree to accept the Terms and Conditions and start downloading iOS 13.
Can you revert to an older iOS?
Apple generally stops signing the previous version of iOS a few days after a new version is released. This means that it’s often possible to downgrade back to your previous version of iOS for a few days after you upgrade — assuming the latest version was just released and you upgraded to it quickly.
How do I update my iPhone 5s to iOS 12?
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.
- Open iTunes and select your device. In iTunes 12, you click the device’s icon in the upper-right corner of the iTunes window.
- Click Summary > Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update.
How do I downgrade my iPhone 5s to iOS 9?
How to downgrade back to iOS 9 using a clean restore
- Step 1: Back up your iOS device.
- Step 2: Download the latest (currently iOS 9.3. …
- Step 3: Connect your iOS device to your computer via USB.
- Step 4: Launch iTunes and open the Summary page for your iOS device.
Can I revert back to iOS 12?
Thankfully, it’s possible to go back to iOS 12. Using beta versions of iOS or iPadOS takes a level of patience in dealing with bugs, poor battery life and features that just don’t work.
How do I restore from iOS 13 to iOS 14?
Steps on How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13
- Connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Open iTunes for Windows and Finder for Mac.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Now select the Restore iPhone option and simultaneously keep the left option key on Mac or the left shift key on Windows pressed.
How do I undo an iOS update on my iPhone?
Press and hold the “Shift” key, then click the “Restore” button in the bottom right of the window to choose which iOS file you want to restore with.
How do I install an older version of iOS without iTunes?
Downgrade iOS without iTunes
- Disable “Find My iPhone”.
- Download the Right Restore Image. Download the right restore image for the older version you intend to downgrade to and your phone model.
- Connect your iOS Device to Your Computer. …
- Open Finder. …
- Trust the Computer. …
- Install the Older iOS Version.
What is the latest iOS for iPhone 5S?
|Gold iPhone 5S|
|Operating system||Original: iOS 7.0 Current: iOS 12.5.4, released June 14, 2021|
|System on chip||Apple A7 system chip|
|CPU||64-bit 1.3 GHz dual-core Apple Cyclone|
|GPU||PowerVR G6430 (four cluster@450 MHz)|
Is it okay to update iPhone 5S to iOS 12?
You can update a 5s to iOS 12.4. 2. If iTunes attempts to download iOS 13, that means the iPhone can take iOS 13, which means the iPhone is not a 5s. iTunes will never download an iOS update the connected device cannot update to.
What is the latest update for iPhone 5S?
Apple’s pushed an iOS 12.5. 4 update for the iPhone 5s and it could have a significant impact on the device’s performance. iOS 12.5. 4 is a small point update and it brings important security patches to the iPhone 5s and other devices left behind on iOS 12.
Can you downgrade iOS to 9?
Downgrade from iOS 10 Beta to iOS 9
Make sure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes. Turn off Find My iPhone in the iCloud section of the Settings app. Turn off the iPhone or the iPad. Hold down the Home button while plugging the device into a PC or Mac running iTunes.
Can you roll back iPad iOS?
Going back to an older version of iOS or iPadOS is possible, but it’s not easy or recommended. You can roll back to iOS 14.4, but you probably shouldn’t. Whenever Apple releases a new software update for the iPhone and iPad, you have to decide how soon you should update.
Does downgrading iOS void warranty?
It definitely does NOT void the warranty.