You can send inline replies in the Messages app on your iPhone if you have iOS 14 and you’re messaging iMessage users. Replying inline makes it easier to carry on multiple conversation threads within the same chat. To reply inline, tap and hold a message until the pop-up menu appears, then choose “Reply.”
How do you reply to a specific message on iOS 14?
With iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, you can reply directly to a specific message and use mentions to call attention to certain messages and people.
How to reply to a specific message
- Open a Messages conversation.
- Touch and hold a message bubble, then tap the Reply button .
- Type your message, then tap the Send button .
How do you use inline replies?
Find the specific message you want to inline reply to, and long-press on the text message that you want to respond to. Now, choose “Reply” from the list of options available. Next, simply type in your response and tap on the blue arrow icon to send the message.
How do you reply to messages on lock screen iOS 14?
Reply from the Lock screen
- From the Lock screen, touch and hold the notification that you want to reply to. Or depending on your device, you might need to swipe left over the notification and tap View. *
- Type your message.
- Tap the Send button .
How do you mention in iOS 14?
To use mentions on iPhone or iPad in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14:
- Tap on the Messages app on your Home screen.
- Choose the appropriate group chat.
- Type your message as usual.
- Include @person to create a mention. For example, if Jay is a member of your group, type “@jay.”
- Tap the up arrow to send the message.
What can I expect with iOS 14?
iOS 14 is one of Apple’s biggest iOS updates to date, introducing Home screen design changes, major new features, updates for existing apps, Siri improvements, and many other tweaks that streamline the iOS interface.
What is an inline message?
An inline message lets users know when important information is available or when an action is required.
How do you reply?
Speak directly and clearly when you respond.
- Make sure they’re paying attention to you so you don’t have to repeat yourself.
- Recognize if someone else wants to speak and allow them room to talk as well.
- Allow the person to respond to what you’ve said as well.
How do you acknowledge a text message?
Think of texting as a conversation: If you would respond in the conversation, then respond in the text. A short “TNX” to acknowledge that the message was received is a simple way to end the conversation.
How do you add reply to text on iPhone?
To customize the “Respond with Text” responses, tap “Settings” on the Home screen on your iPhone. On the “Settings” screen, tap “Phone”. Tap “Respond with Text” on the “Phone” settings screen. On the “Respond with Text” screen, tap on the response you want to replace.