Can I install macOS without Apple ID?
Fortunately, you don’t need an Apple ID to update macOS software. Third-party software purchased through the App Store requires the Apple ID logged in for the person who bought it in order to re-download it, but you may be able to install and launch updates without that login.
How do I bypass Apple ID setup on Mac?
To avoid entering your Apple ID at this point, click the Skip button in the lower-right corner. Click the Skip button at the next window to confirm that you want to skip signing in with your Apple ID. Click the button above Start Using Your Mac. After that, login will complete and your desktop will come up.
How do I get rid of someone else’s Apple ID on my Mac?
Choose FaceTime > Preferences > Settings and then click Sign Out. Open the App Store and choose Store > Sign Out. Open the Books app and choose Store > Sign Out. Open the Internet Accounts preference pane, select any secondary iCloud accounts one by one and remove them by clicking the – (minus) button.
How do I restore my MacBook pro to factory settings without password?
How to Reset MacBook Pro to Factory Settings without Password
- Click the Apple logo at the top left of the screen and select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command + R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe.
- It will take a while for the Mac to start up in this mode.
How do I reinstall OSX without disk?
Reinstall Your Mac’s OS Without an Installation Disc
- Turn your Mac on, while holding the CMD + R keys down.
- Select “Disk Utility” and click on Continue.
- Select the startup disk and go to the Erase Tab.
- Select the Mac OS Extended (Journaled), give a name to your disk and click on Erase.
- Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.
How do I reset my Mac to factory?
Shut down your Mac, then turn it on and immediately press and hold these four keys together: Option, Command, P and R. Release the keys after about 20 seconds. This will clear user settings from the memory and restore certain security features that may have been altered previously.
How do you restore a Mac to factory settings?
You need to put your MacBook ($559 at Amazon) into Recovery Mode in order to erase all of your data and reinstall MacOS. To enter Recovery Mode on an Intel-based Mac, restart it and immediately press and hold Command-R. You can release the keys once you see the Apple logo.
How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall?
Erase and reinstall macOS
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery: …
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
Can I have a MacBook without an iPhone?
No, you don’t lose any functionality on your Mac without an iPhone. There are just compatibility issues, since iPhones are more seamlessly integrated with Macs than Android devices. In particular, you don’t lose Facetime or Messages on a Mac without an iPhone, as some have said here.
How do I restore factory settings on my MacBook air?
How to reset a MacBook Air or MacBook Pro
- Hold down the Command and R keys on the keyboard and turn on the Mac. …
- Select your language and continue.
- Choose Disk Utility and click Continue.
- Choose your startup disk (named Macintosh HD by default) from the sidebar and click the Erase button.
How can I change the Apple ID on my Mac?
Change your Apple ID
- Go to appleid.apple.com and sign in.
- In the Account section, choose Edit.
- Choose Change Apple ID.
- Enter the email address that you want to use.
- Choose Continue.
- If you changed your Apple ID to a third-party email address, check your email for a verification code, then enter the code.
What happens if two devices have the same Apple ID?
If you use all the same information, same Apple ID and don’t use the cloud, you will have all of each other’s information on both phones. The phones will mirror any information synced with Apple ID. You can use your phone number to use FaceTime on the iPhone.
Why is it saying my Apple ID is being used somewhere else?
This means that someone else may be using your Apple ID. You can follow the instructions here to remove any unknown devices from your account, and then change your password.
How do I reset my Apple ID for someone else?
Use the Find My iPhone app
- Open the Find My iPhone app.
- When a Sign In screen appears, make sure the Apple ID field is empty. If you see someone else’s user name, erase it.
- Tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, then follow the onscreen steps.