Does iTunes restore reinstall iOS?
The restore process erases all your data and settings and installs a new version of the iOS through iTunes while the device is connected to your computer. After the restore process is complete and a new copy of iOS is installed, apply a backup to return your settings and data to the iPhone.
How do I reinstall iOS update?
Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update. Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because the software needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel. Later, iOS or iPadOS will reinstall apps that it removed.
How do I wipe and reinstall iOS on my iPhone?
Erase all content and settings from iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Reset. If you’re asked to enter your passcode and you’ve forgotten it, see Reset the passcode. If you’re asked to enter your Apple ID password and you’ve forgotten it, see the Recover your Apple ID website.
- Tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How do I reinstall my iPhone?
- On your iOS device, go to the App Store.
- Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
- Tap. to restore the app.
- Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.
How do I restore iOS?
Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup
- On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update. …
- Make sure you have a recent backup to restore from. …
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How can I restore my iPhone without using iTunes?
To restore iPhone data without iTunes, follow the steps below:
- Download and install the FonePaw iPhone Data Recovery app.
- Select either Recover from iTunes Backup File, Recover from iCloud Backup File, or Scan iPhone data, depending on what you want to achieve.
- Select the files you want to recover and/or restore.
How can I reinstall iOS for free?
Just go through the list and use your preferred one to recover your lost data on iPhone/iPad for free.
- Free iPhone Data Recovery.
- EaseUs MobiSaver Free.
- MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS Free.
- Aiseesoft Free iPhone Data Recovery.
- Disk Drill.
How do I reinstall iOS on my iPhone without a computer?
And here are detailed steps.
- Open “Settings” on your device > Tap on “General” > Scroll down the screen and choose “Reset”. …
- Reach to the Apps & Data screen > Tap Restore from iCloud Backup. …
- Choose Recover from iCloud mode > Click Right Arrow on the bottom right corner to continue.
Does reinstalling iOS delete everything?
Restoring an iPhone from backup will wipe all its contents, then replace everything with what’s in the backup. Whatever data is on your iPhone now, but not in the backup, will be GONE after the restoration process.
How do I reinstall iPhone from scratch?
How to factory reset and restore your iPhone
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap “General,” and then tap “Reset.”
- Scroll and select “Reset.”
- Tap “Erase all Content and Settings,” and choose “Erase Now.” If for some reason you haven’t already backed up your iPhone, this is your last chance — you can choose “Backup then Erase.”
How do I clean and reinstall my iPhone?
How to actually clean install
- Disable Find My on your device. …
- Open iTunes or Finder,
- Plug your iOS device into your computer via USB.
- If you see a “Trust this Computer?” prompt on your iPhone, click Trust.
- Select your iPhone in iTunes or Finder.
- Click on Restore iPhone…
How do I manually backup my iPhone?
Back up iPhone
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Turn on iCloud Backup. iCloud automatically backs up your iPhone daily when iPhone is connected to power, locked, and on Wi-Fi.
- To perform a manual backup, tap Back Up Now.