Can I go back to an older version of iOS?
Save SHSH Blobs So You Can Restore Later
Those are the only two official ways to downgrade to previous versions of iOS. You can either downgrade from a beta version to a stable version, or downgrade to the previous stable version during a short window where the old IPSW files are still signed by Apple.
How do I download and install an older version of iOS?
On your old iPhone/iPad, go to Settings -> Store -> set Apps to Off . Go onto your computer (it doesn’t matter if it’s a PC or a Mac) and open the iTunes app. Then go to the iTunes store and download all the apps you want to be on your iPad/iPhone.
How do I install an older version of iOS on my iPad?
To start, connect your iOS device to your computer, then follow these steps:
- Open up iTunes.
- Head to the “Device” menu.
- Select the “Summary” tab.
- Hold the Option key (Mac) or left Shift key (Windows).
- Click on “Restore iPhone” (or “iPad” or “iPod”).
- Open the IPSW file.
- Confirm by clicking the “Restore” button.
How do I restore from iOS 13 to iOS 14?
Steps on How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13
- Connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Open iTunes for Windows and Finder for Mac.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Now select the Restore iPhone option and simultaneously keep the left option key on Mac or the left shift key on Windows pressed.
How do I install an outdated iOS app?
On your iPhone, launch the App Store and go to the Purchased page via the Updates tab. Try installing the app. Your device will notify you that the current version of the app requires iOS 7 or later. Then, it will offer you the option to install a previous version that is compatible with the iPhone you are holding.
How can I update my iPhone 5 to iOS 11?
How to Update iPhone or iPad to iOS 11 Directly on the Device via Settings
- Back up the iPhone or iPad to iCloud or iTunes before beginning.
- Open the “Settings” app in iOS.
- Go to “General” and then to “Software Update”
- Wait for “iOS 11” to appear and choose “Download & Install”
- Agree to the various terms and conditions.
What can I do with an old iPad?
Cookbook, reader, security camera: Here are 10 creative uses for an old iPad or iPhone
- Make it a car dashcam. …
- Make it a reader. …
- Turn it into a security cam. …
- Use it to stay connected. …
- See your favorite memories. …
- Control your TV. …
- Organize and play your music. …
- Make it your kitchen companion.
Can I revert back to iOS 12?
Thankfully, it’s possible to go back to iOS 12. Using beta versions of iOS or iPadOS takes a level of patience in dealing with bugs, poor battery life and features that just don’t work.
Can I get an older version of an app?
How to install old Android app versions. Unfortunately, Google Play Store doesn’t offer any button to easily revert back to an older version of the app. It only allows developers to host a single version of their app, so only the most updated version can be found on the Google Play Store.
How do I upgrade to a specific version of iOS?
By alt-clicking on the update-button in iTunes you are able to select a specific package you want to update from. Select you downloaded package and wait until the software ist installed on the phone. You should be able to install the most recent version of iOS for your iPhone model this way.