How do I wipe and reinstall iOS?
How to factory reset and restore your iPhone
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap “General,” and then tap “Reset.”
- Scroll and select “Reset.”
- Tap “Erase all Content and Settings,” and choose “Erase Now.” If for some reason you haven’t already backed up your iPhone, this is your last chance — you can choose “Backup then Erase.”
Why can’t I restore my iPhone?
Oftentimes, an iPhone won’t restore because a broken or otherwise faulty Lightning cable. Try using a different Lightning cable, or borrow one from a friend. Additionally, using third-party cables that are not MFi-certified by Apple can cause restore problems.
How do I force iOS 14 to install?
Install iOS 14 or iPadOS 14
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
How do I restore iOS?
Restore or set up your device from an iCloud backup
- On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update. …
- Make sure you have a recent backup to restore from. …
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
How can I reinstall iOS for free?
Just go through the list and use your preferred one to recover your lost data on iPhone/iPad for free.
- Free iPhone Data Recovery.
- EaseUs MobiSaver Free.
- MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS Free.
- Aiseesoft Free iPhone Data Recovery.
- Disk Drill.
Can you skip updates on iPhone?
You can hold off on updating your iPhone but you can’t pick and choose (or skip over) an update. If you don’t update then the next time you do it will be downloaded also with any others the iPhone is missing.
What is the latest version of iOS?
Get the latest software updates from Apple
The latest version of iOS and iPadOS is 14.7.1. Learn how to update the software on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. The latest version of macOS is 11.5.2. Learn how to update the software on your Mac and how to allow important background updates.
Why can’t I update my iPhone 6 to iOS 13?
If your iPhone won’t update to iOS 13, it might be because your device isn’t compatible. Not all iPhone models can update to the latest OS. If your device is on the compatibility list, then you should also make sure you have enough free storage space to run the update.
What do I do if my iPhone wont update or restore?
If you can’t update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can put your iOS or iPadOS device in recovery mode, then restore it using your computer. You may need to use recovery mode to restore your device in the following situations: Your computer doesn’t recognise your device or says it’s in recovery mode.
What do you do when your iPhone won’t restart?
Press and release the volume-up button. Press and release the volume-down button. Press and hold the side button until the screen turns off and then turns back on. You can release the side button when the Apple logo appears.
How do I restore DFU mode?
The process starts off just like a hard reset. To DFU restore your iPhone X, 8, or 8 Plus, quickly press and release the volume up button, then quickly press and release the volume down button, and then press and hold the side button until the screen goes black.