Can you delete install macOS High Sierra file?
It is safe to delete, you will just be unable to install macOS Sierra until you re-download the installer from the Mac AppStore. Nothing at all except you would have to download it again if you ever need it. After install, the file would usually be deleted anyway, unless you move it to another location.
How do I do a clean install of High Sierra USB?
Create a bootable macOS installer
- Download macOS High Sierra from the App Store. …
- When it’s finished, the installer will launch. …
- Plug in the USB stick and launch Disk Utilities. …
- Click the Erase tab and make sure Mac OS Extended (Journaled) is selected in the format tab.
- Give the USB stick a name, then click Erase.
How do I wipe my Mac from Sierra?
Open the Apple menu and select Shut Down or hold down the power button and select Shut Down from the pop-up menu. Hold down the power button to turn the Mac on again and hold for several seconds until you see “Loading startup options.” Select Options from the startup screen to enter macOS Recovery.
Do I need to keep Install Mac High Sierra?
The system does not require it. You can delete it, just keep in mind that if you ever want to install Sierra again, you will need to download it again.
Where can I download macOS High Sierra installer?
How to Download the Full “Install macOS High Sierra. app” Application
- Go to dosdude1.com here and download the High Sierra patcher application*
- Launch “MacOS High Sierra Patcher” and ignore everything about patching, instead pull down the “Tools” menu and choose “Download MacOS High Sierra”
How do I restore my High Sierra?
You can reinstall macOS Sierra or macOS High Sierra by doing the following:
- Back up the Mac before beginning.
- Reboot the Mac and hold down COMMAND + R keys concurrently right after you hear the boot sound, this will boot the Mac into Recovery Mode.
- At the “macOS Utilities” screen choose “Reinstall macOS”
How do I do a clean install of High Sierra without USB?
- Restart your Mac, or power it on, while holding down the Command + R key combination.
- Release the Command + R key combination once you see the Apple logo on display. …
- Once you see a window like the one below, click on Disk Utility and Erase your main Mac HDD (or SSD).
How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall?
Erase and reinstall macOS
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery: …
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.
Why is Mac High Sierra not installing?
To fix the macOS High Sierra problem where the installation fails due to low disk space, restart your Mac and press CTL + R while it’s booting to enter the Recover menu. … It may be worth restarting your Mac in Safe Mode, then trying to install macOS 10.13 High Sierra from there to fix the problem.