What do you do if your Mac won’t reinstall?
First, completely shut down your Mac via the Apple Toolbar. Then, hold down Command, Option, P, and R buttons on your keyboard as you restart your Mac. Continue to keep these buttons held until you hear the Mac startup chime twice. After the second chime, let go of the buttons and let your Mac restart as normal.
How do you unlock a Mac hard drive in recovery mode?
1. Recovery HD is Locked. Recovery HD can get locked sometimes which is indicated by the appearance of an error message that says, “Hard Drive locked”. To get rid of this problem, simply go to disk utility, click on the hard drive then click ‘enable journaling’ to unlock the drive.
How do I reinstall Mac software without disc?
The procedure is as follows:
- Turn your Mac on, while holding the CMD + R keys down.
- Select “Disk Utility” and click on Continue.
- Select the startup disk and go to the Erase Tab.
- Select the Mac OS Extended (Journaled), give a name to your disk and click on Erase.
- Disk Utility > Quit Disk Utility.
How do you reset a Mac OS?
To reset your Mac, first restart your computer. Then press and hold Command + R until you see the Apple logo. Next, go to Disk Utility > View > View all devices, and choose the top drive. Next, click Erase, fill out the required details, and hit Erase again.
How do I reinstall Macintosh HD?
Enter Recovery (either by pressing Command+R on an Intel Mac or by pressing and holding the power button on a M1 Mac) A macOS Utilities window will open, on which you will see the options to Restore From Time Machine Backup, Reinstall macOS [version], Safari (or Get Help Online in older versions) and Disk Utility.
How do you unlock a locked disk on a Mac?
To unlock and access the startup disk’s FileVault-encrypted data:
- On the client Mac, start up from macOS Recovery by holding Command-R during startup.
- Select “Disk Utility” and click “Continue”.
- Select startup disk in left-hand sidebar and click “Mount”.
- Enter recovery key in password field and click “Unlock”.
Can a locked Mac be unlocked?
After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it by entering the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My. If you can’t remember that passcode, you have three options: Sign in to iCloud.com/find, then select your Mac from the Devices menu. Select Unlock and follow the steps to verify your identity.
How do I reinstall OSX without Internet?
Just connect the USB disk and press the Option/Alt Key when you hear the boot sound. The Mac will then display all the startup disks available. Pick the USB drive starting with the label “Install macOS” and follow on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
How do I wipe my Mac and reinstall?
Erase and reinstall macOS
- Start up your computer in macOS Recovery: …
- In the Recovery app window, select Disk Utility, then click Continue.
- In Disk Utility, select the volume you want to erase in the sidebar, then click Erase in the toolbar.