There’s no known way to date to update iOS over cellular data, as per Apple’s requirements. The only way to update iOS over-the-air is to connect to a WiFi network or to connect via USB and iTunes for non-OTA.
Can I update my iPhone using cellular data?
You can update ios 13 using cellphone data
As you need internet connectivity to update your iOS 12/13, you can use your cellular data in place of WiFi. … Moreover, just double check your phone’s battery as it should not be less than 50% if you want to install the update.
How do you update iOS on cellular network?
Manually update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad
- Make sure that your device is connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular network.
- Tap Settings > General > About.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update.
Can I update to iOS 14 using cellular data?
To download iOS 14 using mobile data (or cellular data) follow these steps: Create a Hotspot from your iPhone – this way you can use the data connection from your iPhone to connect to the web on your Mac. Now open iTunes and plug in your iPhone. … Run through the options to download and install iOS 14.
Can I update iOS without WiFi?
You need an Internet connection to update iOS. The time it takes to download the update varies according to the size of the update and your Internet speed. You can use your device normally while downloading the iOS update, and iOS will notify you when you can install it.
How do I download iOS using mobile data?
How to download any size app over cellular with iPhone on iOS 13
- If you’re not worried about going over a data limit, head to Settings.
- Swipe down and tap iTunes & App Store.
- Under Cellular Data choose App Downloads.
- Select Always Allow.
How do I manually update my carrier settings?
On your iPhone’s home screen, tap Settings, then General, and then About. 3. Scroll down to Carrier. Next to Carrier, if a new update is available, you’ll see an option to perform this update.
How do I update my iOS 14.2 with Cellular data?
- Step 1: Turn off “Set Automatically” On Date & Time. …
- Step 2: Turn off your VPN. …
- Step 3: Check for update. …
- Step 4: Download and install iOS 14 with Cellular data. …
- Step 5: Turn on “Set Automatically” …
- Step 1: Create a Hotspot and connect to the web. …
- Step 2: Utilize iTunes on your Mac. …
- Step 3: Check for update.
How do I update my iOS 13.4 with Cellular data?
Update Carrier Settings
- First of all, connect your iPhone/iPad to Wi-Fi or turn on cellular data.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to General settings.
- Then tap on About.
- Tap on Update from the pop-up.
Why isn’t iOS 14 on my phone?
If your iPhone won’t update to iOS 14, it might mean that your phone is incompatible or doesn’t have enough free memory. You also need to make sure that your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, and has enough battery life. You may also need to restart your iPhone and attempt to update again.
Why is iOS 14 not available?
Why is iOS 14 Update not Showing Up on My iPhone
The major reason is that iOS 14 has not officially launched. What Apple has shown in their news is that they have only rolled out the beta version of the update. And since it is not a formal and official update, you cannot see it in the Settings app on your device.
How can I update my iPhone to iOS 14 without WiFi?
There is a workaround to get iOS 14 Update without WiFi. You can create a personal hotspot on a spare phone and use it as a WiFi network to update iOS 14. Your iPhone will consider it as any other WiFi connection and will let you update to the latest iOS version.