As you need internet connectivity to update your iOS 12/13, you can use your cellular data in place of WiFi. … Moreover, just double check your phone’s battery as it should not be less than 50% if you want to install the update.
Can I update iOS without wifi?
You need an Internet connection to update iOS. The time it takes to download the update varies according to the size of the update and your Internet speed. You can use your device normally while downloading the iOS update, and iOS will notify you when you can install it.
Can you download iOS update over cellular?
Per Apple’s support document on 5G (via MacRumors), you need to go to Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options, and tick the option that says “Allow More Data on 5G”. After you’ve done that, you’ll be able to get iOS updates over a cellular network.
How do I enable iOS update using mobile data?
There is not a way to update your iOS device using mobile data. You’ll have to use your wifi. If you don’t have wifi at your place, maybe use a friend’s, or go to a wifi hotspot, like a library. You can also update it through iTunes on your Mac or PC if you have an internet connection there.
Why can’t I update iOS over cellular?
If you have an Apple Store near you, you could take it there and Apple may be able to update for you. In such a case, your only options are wi-fi or iTunes with a computer. If you don’t have any of these options, you must contact your cellular contractor. Cellular providers do not distribute Apple iDevice updates.
How do I download iOS with cellular data?
How to download any size app over cellular with iPhone on iOS 13
- If you’re not worried about going over a data limit, head to Settings.
- Swipe down and tap iTunes & App Store.
- Under Cellular Data choose App Downloads.
- Select Always Allow.
How can I download iOS 14 without WiFi?
- Step 1: Turn off “Set Automatically” On Date & Time. …
- Step 2: Turn off your VPN. …
- Step 3: Check for update. …
- Step 4: Download and install iOS 14 with Cellular data. …
- Step 5: Turn on “Set Automatically” …
- Step 1: Create a Hotspot and connect to the web. …
- Step 2: Utilize iTunes on your Mac. …
- Step 3: Check for update.
Can I update iOS 14 using mobile data?
To download iOS 14 using mobile data (or cellular data) follow these steps: Create a Hotspot from your iPhone – this way you can use the data connection from your iPhone to connect to the web on your Mac. Now open iTunes and plug in your iPhone. … Run through the options to download and install iOS 14.
How do I update my iOS 13.4 with cellular data?
Update Carrier Settings
- First of all, connect your iPhone/iPad to Wi-Fi or turn on cellular data.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to General settings.
- Then tap on About.
- Tap on Update from the pop-up.
Can I download software update using mobile data?
You can now download the system update using mobile data.
How do I update my iOS on my iPhone?
Update iOS on iPhone
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Customize Automatic Updates (or Automatic Updates). You can choose to automatically download and install updates.
How can I change update from WiFi to mobile data?
I can recommend following these steps to set to use mobile data when wifi not connected.
- Go to Settings >>
- Search for “Wifi” in the settings search bar >> tap on wifi.
- Tap on advanced settings then toggle on “Switch to mobile data automatically” (use mobile data when wi-fi has no internet access.)
- Enable this option.