A backup created on iOS 13 cannot be used to restore a device on iOS 12. And in order to leave the beta and go back to the latest official version of iOS, you need to install iOS 12 through recovery mode.
Can you downgrade from iOS 13?
Can I downgrade iOS 14 to iOS 13? We’ll deliver the bad news first: Apple has stopped signing iOS 13 (the final version was iOS 13.7). This means that you can no longer downgrade to the older version of iOS. You simply can’t downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13…
How do I undo an iOS update?
Downgrade iOS: Where to find old iOS versions
- Select your device. …
- Select the version of iOS you wish to download. …
- Click the Download button. …
- Hold down Shift (PC) or Option (Mac) and click the Restore button.
- Find the IPSW file that you downloaded earlier, select it and click Open.
- Click Restore.
Can you go back to iOS 13 from 14?
To roll back to iOS 13, you’ll need to have access to a computer and a Lightning or USB-C cable to connect your device to your Mac or PC. If you roll back to iOS 13, you’ll still want to use iOS 14 once it becomes finalized this fall.
Can I downgrade iOS 13 to 12?
To encourage people to stay on the latest version of iOS, Apple stops signing versions of iOS soon after a new version of the software is made available. … Apple stopped signing iOS 12.4.
Can we downgrade iOS 13 to 12?
Downgrade from iOS 13 using an archived backup
After your iPhone reboots and the restore is complete, you’ll have the choice to set it up as a new phone or restore from an archived backup of iOS 12. … Choose the archived backup you made before installing the beta software update.
Can I go back to a previous iOS version?
Apple generally stops signing the previous version of iOS a few days after a new version is released. … If the version of iOS you want to restore is marked as unsigned, you just can’t restore it. Once it’s downloaded, connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer and open iTunes. Click over to the device’s page in iTunes.
How do I downgrade from iOS 14?
How to Downgrade from iOS 15 or iPadOS 15
- Launch Finder on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac using a Lightning cable.
- Put your device into recovery mode. …
- A dialog will pop up asking if you want to restore your device. …
- Wait while the restore process completes.
How do I restore from iOS 13 to iOS 14?
Steps on How to downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13
- Connect the iPhone to the computer.
- Open iTunes for Windows and Finder for Mac.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Now select the Restore iPhone option and simultaneously keep the left option key on Mac or the left shift key on Windows pressed.
How do I downgrade from iOS 14 to iOS 13?
Tips: Downgrade iOS 14 to 13 by Waiting for a New iOS 13 Version
- From your iPhone or iPad, Navigate Settings > General and tap “Profile”.
- Tap on iOS 14 Beta Software Profile and tap “Remove Profile”.
- Restart your iPhone or iPad and wait for a new iOS 13 updates to arrive.
Can I downgrade iOS 14 to 12?
Select Trust on the iPhone screen. … Click on Device to open Device Summary page, Two options are, [Click on Restore iPhone + Option key on Mac] and [Restore + Shift key on windows] from the keyboard at the same time. Now the Browse file window will see on screen. Select the earlier downloaded iOS 12 final .
Why can’t I downgrade iOS?
To downgrade iOS means that your device would be less secure, and easier for hackers to get into. … From the technical aspect, the reason that you cannot downgrade iOS is because Apple stops “signing” an iOS release a week or so after a newer release is made available.