How do you add words to AutoCorrect?
Add entry to an AutoCorrect list
- Go to the AutoCorrect tab.
- In the Replace box, type a word or phrase that you often misspell.
- In the With box, type the correct spelling of the word.
- Select Add.
Can I edit my iPhone AutoCorrect?
Unfortunately you can’t edit contents of the dictionary iOS uses for autocorrect, so once it learns a word, you are stuck with it. … Type the word you want to use most frequently into the Phrase field (the, for example) and the word Autocorrect keeps thinking you are typing (tea, in this case) into the Shortcut field.
How do I add a word to my iPhone dictionary?
The fastest way to add new dictionary languages is to just open up the Settings app, tap “General,” then select “Dictionary” from the list. As you can tell, there’s a long list of foreign languages that you can add to your iPhone’s built-in dictionary.
Why is predictive text not working on iPhone?
You can resolve this by going to, Settings > General > Reset > Reset Keyboard Dictionary. Resetting this allows the phone to relearn the way you type and give you better predictions.
Does AutoCorrect use commonly used words?
Most autocorrection systems—including on the iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, and T9–also incorporate some kind of learning behavior. … T9 and Google’s Android will also let you add your own words to the phone’s dictionary. (The iPhone also allegedly has this option, but I haven’t been able to get it to work.)
How do you fix incorrect autocorrect on iPhone?
To remedy this, you can use the Settings feature on your iPhone to reset your dictionary, which deletes the incorrect auto-correct words.
- Tap “Settings” on the home screen, tap “General” and then tap the “Reset” option. …
- Tap the “Reset Keyboard Dictionary” option and read the warning. …
- Tap the “Reset Dictionary” button.
Can you delete autocorrect words on iPhone?
Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap the “Reset Keyboard Dictionary” option. If you have a password set, your device will prompt you to enter it and then warn you that it’s about to “delete all custom words you have typed on the keyboard.” Say good riddance, and hit “Reset Dictionary.”
Why is Apple autocorrect so bad?
Autocorrect has long been a source of amusement and frustration for iPhone users. … Since then, your iPhone’s keyboard has used a machine learning algorithm to predict the word you’re typing based on context, and the data Apple has collected and processed locally on your device.
How do you add words to iPhone dictionary iOS 13?
How to add words to your iPhone dictionary using Text Replacement
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Scroll down to and tap “General.”
- Open “Keyboards.”
- Tap “Text Replacement,” then the “+” sign in the top right corner.
- You can now add any words that you want your iPhone to recognize.
How do I use the dictionary on my iPhone?
How to add dictionaries to your iPhone and iPad
- Launch the Settings app from your Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Tap Dictionary.
- Tap on the dictionary you want to add. You should see a checkmark on the left side.
- Tap the back button in the top left corner.
What is the best dictionary app for iPhone?
Best Dictionary Apps for iPhone and iPad in 2021
- Oxford Dictionary of English.
- Dictionary.com: English Words.
- Dictionary Offline – Dict Box.
- Word Lookup Lite.
- Urban Dictionary.
- Advanced Dictionary & Thesaurus.
- WordReference Dictionary.
Why is my phone not showing predictive text?
The process to Fix Android Predictive Text and Samsung Keyboard. The first method requires you to delete the data from Samsung Keyboard and then resave all the data and settings. > Tap on Clear Data and Restart your phone. … Select language & Input and go to Samsung Keyboard.
How do I get predictive text back on my iPhone?
Use predictive text
. Tap Keyboard Settings, then turn on Predictive. Or go to Settings > General > Keyboard, and turn Predictive on or off.
How do you reset predictive text on iPhone?
To reset your keyboard dictionary, head into your iPhone’s settings and tap on General. Scroll down till you see Reset and tap on Reset Keyboard Dictionary. You’ll then be prompted to enter your passcode (if you have one set) and then have the option to fully reset the predictive words from showing up.